View Full Version : stun gun (500k or 625k volts) - Archive File

megalomania
June 18th, 2003, 03:55 PM
art vandalee
posted 06-19-2001 10:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: stun gun (500,000 or 625,000 volts)
I'm looking for schematics,complete parts list (with all values,cat. nos.,etc.), building disciption, measurments, and possibly some ideas on where I might acquire a decent looking housing for the circuit once built.(all parts to be store bought. no makeshift or homemade parts please. (ie./ winding my own transformer or using some part out of some misc. device.)
If anyone out there could be so kind please email me.

THNX!
ART VANDALEE (Canada)

PS. if you know any good websites for this info pls. email

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 06-19-2001 11:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Art try J(the mod)'s site. it has some info on stun guns as well as some other useful things.
Canada? where abouts?
E-Mail me at
agent_blak@yahoo.com
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

simply RED
Frequent Poster
posted 06-20-2001 05:26 AM
500kV is too high for stunt gun because the amperage will be too low . 10kV direct curent with pins for electrodes work best.

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-20-2001 10:08 AM
It's easy if you just do a little bit of searching.
Have a 555 oscillator circuit, a Darlington amplifier arrangement (two transistors), a transformer with a high turns ratio and then a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier (the kind with the diodes and capacitors).
Although you'll struggle to get 500kV with a small device, due to insulation breakdown and corona disharge.

J
posted 06-20-2001 11:00 AM
OK, first of all I doubt you'll find the high voltage transformers neccesary at a standard electronics supplier (I haven't). Winding your own really isn't that difficultn anyway, I will have more details on my site soon.
Simply Red, stun guns don't rely on a high current, they rely on high voltage primarily. The object of the device isn't to cause pain, but to induce fast contractions and relaxations in the muscles, using up a lot of energy and tiring them out. Obviously some current is needed, but not a lot. The human body doesn't produce much current in order to stimulate the muscles remember.

The voltage multiplier will produce DC pulses. This is painful, but will not have the required stunning effect. In addition, the voltage is severely limited due to the maximum ratings of components small enough to fit into a portable unit. This is the method that I use in the design on my site, which will soon be undergoing a major update. I now have an alternative circuit (many thanks to c0deblue for this) that is capable of producing very high AC voltages, and the whole thing will fit in a torch. Stay tuned :-)

J

------------------
Download the forum archive from my yahoo briefcase
PGP key available here (ID = 0x5B66A792)

PYRO500
posted 06-20-2001 06:17 PM
well, ac or dc dosent really matter when it is pulsed via a chopper, commercial stun guns use a 2 transistor simple oscilator circuit and makes ac that goes through a voltage multiplyer, a circuit that uses a 555 ic will work but will be more compeley and may be destroyed by accidental shocks.

megalomania
June 18th, 2003, 03:58 PM
art vandalee
posted 06-29-2001 02:50 AM
hi guys,
i'm still looking!

any ideas on where in the internet (hell, if you've been looking as long as i have) that i might look for a 500k or 625k stun gun schematic and instructions, any thoughts whatsoever.

thnx again.

art vandalee (canada)

ps/ agent blak...vancouver, british columbia

ALENGOSVIG1
posted 06-29-2001 03:07 AM
well, theres s stungun schematic on j's site
http://www.connect.to/juice but i dont know how powerful it is.
btw, i live in vancouver.

------------------
How much power will you lose if you do not know what they already know?

yt2095
June 18th, 2003, 06:18 PM
for portable usage i`ve used an OBIT as the finals with a simple TTL oscilator through a transistor to an audio transformer, the oout put goes through a single HT diode to a 220/uf at 400V cap then to the mercry spark gap to the OBIT. that simple :))

Naaah i`m only joking with ya, but that`s really all there is to it!

anybody ever seen a gas cooker with an electric igniter? the sort ya put a D cell into at the bottom where ya store yer pots`n`pans?
well that`s the sort you need, some work on mains elec, but thats ok too, same principal, it`s the FINAL stage output transformer that you need.
they usualy triger at about 300 volts and about .25 amp max

you`ll see they have about 6 connection on the top ( not all, only the cookers with multi rings do) the real OBITs (Oil Burner Ignition Transformers) only have the 2 conections.

for those with the 6 outputs you`l need to make a zig-zag connection arangement, i`ll TRY this in ascii, but don`t shoot me if i can`t do it, i`ll post a pic to you if ya send me your email addy

, , ,
, , ,

on the top row you connect , 1 with bottom , 2
next , 2 on top row connect to bottom , 3

solder a wire (3 amp will be fine) to terminals 3 on top row and 1 on bottom row.

1 bottom and 3 top are now the combined power of all 3 seperate outputs
now you`ll need a dry day and some expoxy resin (non metalic) and some masking tape

around the transformer body wrap your masking tape around as if you want to make a WELL around your new conections, keeping your 2 soldered wires free.
you need to be able to fill this well with your epoxy resin so that it doesn`t leak out and you can cover your connections and let is set. be sure that it`s all grease air and damp free when doing this.
leave it set over night, and you`ve made your finals, remove the tape if you want to, but it makes no difference.

your OBIT will have a rather perculiar looking glass device with 2 metal end caps on it ( a mercury vapor spark gap) a bit like

-----{=}------
the = is the glass part
the ----- are the solid wires at each end
{ and } are the metal end caps

you should now have a perfectly sealed step up transformer. with 4 wires coming out, the two you soldered on yourself and the two that go into the body of the OBIT.

attatch one of the wires that goes into the body of the OBIT to one of the wires on the spark gap (it doesn`t matter which one, its not polarity sensitive yet)

across the other wire on the spark gap and the remaining lead from your finals attatch your HT capacitor (the 400volt phuker)

so now you should have 2 wires to a cap, from that cap on 2 wire is a spark gap, and from the other end of that spark gap it`s connected to the wie that goes into the body of the OBIT. the OTHER wire from that cap just goes to the other wire that goes into the OBIT

NOW it gets polarity sensitive! one end of the cap will be marked neg (-)and by default the other will be poss, to the poss side attatch a diode the white line on the black diode closest to the cap

-----===|=------

---- is the wires
=== is the black body of the diode (should come with the OBIT circuit)
| is the white line

now you`ll need a step down audio transformer, like the sort you find in kids electronic kits, they`re only small, but wired backwards can give quite a high voltage!
you`ll see 3 "input wires" and 2 "output" wires... well forget that, we`ll be feeding into the 2 outputs and using the 2 of the 3 inputs to fire our stun gun finals :)

the middle of the 3 "inputs" you may cut off and isolate it`s redundant.
the 2 remaining wires on the same side you can now attatch to your diode and cap leads.
if you`ve got this far, pat on back, your more than more than half way done!

that should leave only the remaining 2 "output" wires LOL, output my ass!, this is where the fun starts because they are NOW the INPUT wires :)

here`s where you`re going to have to look on the net for a 555 oscilator circuit, sorry and all that but put that in text would defy not only credibility but my typing skills (or lack of)
no it`s NOT a "cop out"

you need a 555 oscilator circuit to drive a transistor under load, the load being your 2 NOW "input" wires to yer audio transformer.

put it all in a PLASTIC case and fill it with wax, a PP3 9V battery should be more than enough for about 20 mins sparking using a fresh alkaline batt

i`m sure you`ll find the rest is quite shocking! (piss poor joke i know)

any questions mail me, i`ll be more than happy to supply url`s and or Pics

hey so ma spelling sux, sue me! :)

bobert
October 13th, 2003, 09:37 AM
If your looking for an enclosure for you new stun gun circuit then look no further, try using the plastic shell of a tire pump (the hand held ones for pedal bikes). There strong, lightweight, easyly available and look quite harmless sitting in your glove compartment.... they also come in a range of fancy colours to suit all your stunning needs.

---------------

Helpful hint: There's not need to sign your posts - we know who you are by your username which appears at the left-hand side of every post you make. Also, stick your location in your profile.