View Full Version : pyrotek.org - Archive File

megalomania
June 18th, 2003, 04:02 PM
chair
posted 05-03-2001 10:53 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anybody ordered chemicals from here? If so, did you have any problems? I prefer to hear from customers living in the east coast of the U.S. I am planning on ordering some chemicals for flash, black powder, and rockets.

PS: I did search the forums, but didn't find many opinions.
PPS: Has anybody ordered KCLO4 from both skylighter and pyrotek? It's about $23 for five pounds at skylighter, but $12 for one pound at pyrotek. I was wondering if pyrotek sold higher quality Perc than skylighter.
PPPS: Does pyrotek restrict the amount of German Blackhead Al you purchase? Skylighter restricts to two pounds per year unless you are equipped with a BATF high explosives manufacturing permit.
PPPPS(this is the last one, I promise): Can somebody please give me the URLs to Firefox, and IowaPyro?

Thanks,
-chair

J
posted 05-04-2001 02:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most likely reason Pyrotek is more expensive is that there is no age restriction. If you're under 21, forget about Skylighter.
Can't really help you since I haven't ordered from any pyro supplier.

J

------------------
"If the aquarium water has to be drunk don't waste the fish. In fact they'll probably be the easiest to eat even if you don't need the water. The cat is next in the pot." - John 'Lofty' Wiseman

John456
Frequent Poster
posted 05-04-2001 03:10 PM
I am on the east coast of the US and have ordered from pyrotek before No problems but they are sort of slow. It took about 2 weeks for deliver and i only live 200 miles or so from their PA offices. Email me at johnb460@hotmail.com , id be curious to know which state your in.

chair
posted 05-05-2001 07:50 AM
John456: Thanks, I guess I'll order from them.

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 05-06-2001 12:17 AM
Firefox-http://www.firefox-fx.com/
Iowa Pyro Supply-http://iowapyrosupply.com/
I live about 3 hours drive from them.I don't think thier chem's are any better;they probably don't buy in as large a qty. as the bigger suppliers,so they pay more for thier chem's/sell them for more (plus they sell with no restrictions!).
I've been thinking of doing some recon,making the trip there to see if they have a legit business,as there's some question about whether they might be working with the fed's.

Arthis
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 02:59 PM
Does anyone know if Pyrotek.org could sell chemicals out of USA ? I live in France, and I would be interested in buying paraformaldehyde, pentaerythritol, and hexamine. Or anyone knows a website in Europe, espacially in France ?
thanx

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 03:05 PM
you live in france? do you have kno3 and pyrodex freely avaliable, because im coming to france in a few weeks and wanted to get some. could you tell me where its sold please (supermarket?) and would they sell it to me?

EP
Frequent Poster
posted 05-09-2001 07:14 PM
Skylighter is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) supplier around, so the chems are probably not low quality! I would recommend buying Al and potassiun perchlorate from seperate places or at least in seperate orders as they surely keep sales records...

Arthis
Frequent Poster
posted 05-10-2001 11:41 AM
Well, KNO3 may not be the chemical very interesting to buy in France, but I don't know where you are from. But, you may not buy several kilos of KNO3 ,since it is not very useful.
In case you still wanna buy some, you need to go in a shop "droguerie", a drugstore, they used to sell things like that, but personnally I know only one which still sells chemicals, and years threw years, they have less and less chemicals. But maybe you'll find one. I'm not sure. Nowadays, nobody uses chemicals, and they're harder and harder to find.
I don't know any shop specialized in rocketry.

richl261
Frequent Poster
posted 05-13-2001 11:10 AM
okay, thanks, Arthis.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 03:12 PM
Sorry to bring up an old topic but i have a friend who ordered from pyrotek, seriously a friend, not just saying that, and they ordered some oxidzers fuels and fusing, my friend lives extremely close to the place they ship from, he ordered it like 1 month and a half ago and it's still not there, its too bad because i was looking foward to checking out some of the junk he ordered, this goes to anyone that has ever ordered from pyrotek.org, are these guys Legitimate, or did my friend get fucked over, has anyone ordered from them?

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 03:16 PM
oh, and also, they didn't send any shipping conformation, but the guys that works their claims they ship everything out immedieatly. Is it possible that the hazard mail they use is really slow, or do you think any mail would have gotten to his house if he lives lke 300 miles away from their factory

megalomania
June 19th, 2003, 11:19 PM
endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 05:16 PM
i just posted this in an old topic but i dot think anyone will notice it so here...
i have a friend who ordered from pyrotek, seriously a friend, not just saying that, and they ordered some oxidzers fuels and fusing, my friend lives extremely close to the place they ship from, he ordered it like 1 month and a half ago and it's still not there, its too bad because i was looking foward to checking out some of the junk he ordered, this goes to anyone that has ever ordered from pyrotek.org, are these guys Legitimate, or did my friend get fucked over, has anyone ordered from them?
oh, and also, they didn't send any shipping conformation, but the guys that works their claims they ship everything out immedieatly. Is it possible that the hazard mail they use is really slow, or do you think any mail would have gotten to his house if he lives like 300 miles away from their factory

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 06:52 PM
What a dumbass. You don't fucking order fuels, oxidizers and fusing in the same order. My bet is that it was siezed.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 07:36 PM
no it was probably OK, because it was for a video he is making,, and it really was, and he asked the guys at pyrotek if it was legal and they said to check with your local authorities, but it was ordered anyway, he just ordered the stuff to make flash, not nitric acid or Nitromethane or anything
[This message has been edited by endotherm (edited June 10, 2001).]

John456
Frequent Poster
posted 06-10-2001 10:34 PM
Ive ordered from them 6 or 7 times now, even some suspicious stuff. Every order has arrived within two weeks, sometimes even less. Did they bill your friend? Maybe the order form messed up or something. I dont think they really give a crap what you order but its better safe than sorry.

MacCleod
Frequent Poster
posted 06-11-2001 01:23 PM
I've ordered there several times as well,always got the goods in a little over a week.Only ordered metal powders,however.

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-12-2001 01:48 PM
Well Skylighter won't sell to you if they think you're going to make flash powders for use in M-80's etc.

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 06-13-2001 02:26 AM
endotherm: tell you friend to call them if this is his frist time ordering from pyrotek and if he is ordering chemicals for flash powder then they are keeping it till he calls and they check if he knows what he's doing, like how to safely mix it. You just tell them your mixing it using the daipering methode (mixing it using a sheet of paper and bringing the oposite corners together) and thats it. They have now problem when they know your making flash powder. Also you can call them up for advice and shit. I called up ones for some rocket compositions and they gave me all the info I needed
------------------
-------------------------
Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas?
--Joseph Stalin
(and thats what todays governments try to do is brain wash everyone)

Teck
Frequent Poster
posted 06-13-2001 02:30 AM
code masone: no company that doesnt want trouble will send oxidizers with fuels in the same package. Also if you order from pyrotek they put a small sticker on the side of the package that says what chemicals are inside and weather its an oxidizer or on.