View Full Version : surviving air attacks - Archive File

megalomania
June 18th, 2003, 04:11 PM
madman
posted 05-28-2001 08:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,just wondering... I watch the news every night and take interest in the war zones around the world especially Guerrilla warfare.Now it seems when ever the government forces fight back they pound the area with artillery, tanks and air support before sending in the troops,now we all know the carnage of explosives I wonder how the hell those fighters survive.Where the hell do you go when bombs and gunfire is everywhere?What are the guerillas tactics when that type of shit goes down.

Foodos
Frequent Poster
posted 05-29-2001 12:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
many use the same tactics that have been used over time, like vietnam, wwII, and more, dig in, dig out a hole large enough for you to fit in, and pray a shell doesn't directly land in it, you should be relatively safe as the shrappenel goes over you.
build a trench, with angled enforced roofing, or a shelter, various things like that, otherwise their isn't much you can really do. Sand bags are a big plus, in the many books on vietnam I read sandbag bunkers were the best, while concrete was the worst, as the shrapenel would richochet like crazy in their.

Maddoc
posted 05-29-2001 03:53 PM
You run down a hole like a Nigger runs from the cops after raping a white girl.
------------------
Whoa, where my fingers?

AR-15 Man
Frequent Poster
posted 05-29-2001 04:23 PM
You might wanna build some sand bag bunkers. Make sure they are camoflagued good. And they have enough dirt around them to hold in the heat of your infared signature. If you heat shows up a gunship is gonna fuck your day up. Remember after the air raid they are gonna send in armor and troops. As a guerilla you shouldn't be in cities to begin with. If you are find a good basement. And don't fire back at jets or helicoptors unless you have heavy weapons cause you will just end up dead. Same goes with tanks. Sorry guys sticky bombs, moltovs, ect don't work on modern tanks.

madman
posted 05-29-2001 05:19 PM
The army reserve had a open day down here and I was checking out the armored cars each vehicle had a little poster board explaining what was what,the armour is 50mm compacted alumium.Ive got to say those APCs don't look very safe I looked inside and it was very primative.You cant even see in all directions and I wouldn't like to be inside one even under gunfire.But they are pretty quick and can drive over just about anything.What the hell are those helicopter gunships doing when they fly over and fire flare type things from the sides near the back they appear to go side ways but don't explode.

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 05-29-2001 05:20 PM
Maddoc! How Dare you, that was an expression used in the Anarchists CrapBook!
And Madman, those flares are meant to draw Infrared (Heat Seeking) antiaircraft missiles. There are some missiles and rockets that are programmed to follow heat and whateve is hot will be the missiles target, like a helicopter engine, or a Red hot burning flare 200 feet away from the helicopter, so it draws heatseeking missiles awat from the aircraft, I hear some commercial planes are equipped with this to in case of some terrorist attack or something.

[This message has been edited by endotherm (edited May 29, 2001).]

Gollum
Frequent Poster
posted 05-29-2001 05:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you can buy thermal blankets from Wal-Mart or something like that, fairly cheap. They'll stop the IR signature. A good guerilla army trains right out of the U.S Army field manuals, with regular practice. Make modifications depending on your equipment and situation.
Air attacks are very bad, but because you are a guerilla army the planes dropping ordnance will most likely do a "dumb" bomb run. Meaning just flying over you and letting loose. Of course, if you have a few mortars or home-made howitzers, etc. with special flak rounds, you can give them a very hard time. They don't deal too well with big pieces of metal hitting them at those speeds.

The key to survival for the offensive guerilla is being mobile. This means you have very little for defense. You should read this: http://155.217.58.58/cgi-bin/atdl.dll/fm/21-75/Appd.htm ; Movement in Urban Areas, from the U.S operations manual.
The pro in urban combat is that in any north-western hemisphere country, the police force or military won't shoot up their own city.
You can forget about it in a place like Brazil or Russia, etc.

I'm in the process of finding a copy of the Guerilla Warfare minimanual. It's decent, but it's quite clear that the author had no *actual* knowledge of the weapons he was using (Calling ak-47's machine guns).
I'm currently writing my own Improvised Warfare manual, I'll release it as soon as it's completed.

AR-15 Man
Frequent Poster
posted 05-29-2001 09:45 PM
Guys one problem with thermal blankets is that they cause a cold spot. That is just as bad as being hot. But if building a shelter you can use less dirt if you have one of them. Remember you have to be the temperature of the stuff around you. Or you might as well be hot.

Machiavelli
Frequent Poster
posted 05-30-2001 12:22 PM

quote:
I'm in the process of finding a copy of the Guerilla Warfare minimanual. It's decent, but it's quite clear that the author had no *actual* knowledge of the weapons he was using (Calling ak-47's machine guns).

If you do just one websearch you'll find dozens of sites that have the "Minimanual of the Urban Guerrilla". But please tell me where Marighella calls an AK a machine gun. I think your statement that he had no actual knowledge of his weapons is bullshit, after all, he fought for several years and died in the Brazilian guerilla war.

madman
posted 05-31-2001 07:25 PM
That is a very good read,thanks for the tip off Machiavelli.Are there any other urban Guerilla manuals floating around.I have a couple of the paladin press Guerilla manuals-150 Questions for a Guerrilla & Guerrillas in the mist,they are both good books but they are geared around the old style of fighting-full jungle style since I live in the urban area I found the mini manual excellent with original ideas presented nowhere else.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted 06-01-2001 06:31 PM
"an expression used in the cookbook"
it's still a good expression, isn't it?

endotherm
Frequent Poster
posted 06-01-2001 08:30 PM
Aaaah, Wadda Wadda Bing Bang, now that is a MotherFucking Expression!!!!!!!!

Mad Dog
posted 06-07-2001 01:03 PM
OK I am Russian and I have some relatives who were in the chechen war. One of the things chachens did is not hold buildings but would run after a short firefight and as soon as the building was cleared thay would reoccupy the building (using the sewerage system or some over covert method) so the Russians had to recapture the same buildings every day. Also thay would position a sniper and a man with a machinegun in as many buildings as possible so there is no central point (no use destroying a building for just two wen).
By not having central points the chachens were able to starch the Russian fire over a large aria. So remember never have more than 4-8 men in the same place, move and change positions as often as you can, and remember hit and run, Not stand and fight!

stickfigure
June 18th, 2003, 06:31 PM
I've been reading some bombing assements done after the Afgan and Iraq wars and for the most part the people on the ground these days don't survive. A Special forces A-team was working with a large group of Northern Alliance, and a even larger group of Taliban and Al Queda fighters composed of roughly 24 tanks and over 1,000 men that were moving in on their position. The Team called in a strike from a B-52, they released a string of 500lber's spaced about 120 feet apart and about a mile long. Once the dust cleared there was nothing left of the Taliban line, all equipment and troops were annihilated with no friendly causaullities. From what I've read the Taliban was really bold at first because the Soviets could never really hit them. Intel photos showed them using old craters for bunkers and them actually would sit outside at first, because they were sure that we couldn't hit them. Now their tactics are hit and run, small bombings and hiding within the population generally chicken shit tactics. So much for Divine intervention.