View Full Version : AN smoke paper - Archive File

megalomania
June 19th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Mick
Frequent Poster
posted 06-02-2001 12:53 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the makeshift arsenal there is recipe for making a smoke bomb out of AN and newspaper
(by adding AN to water, and then soaking the newspaper in it)
what i wanted to know, is what is the smoke produced? (like, what is the gas?)

i've done it with newspaper, and the smoke smells...like smoke (bad description - but theres no strange smell to it..)

yesterday i did it with a sheet of A4 paper (like printer paper) and it had this REALLY strong ammonia smell to it
and when i took a small sniff of it, it dam near made pass out it was so strong

so what i wanted to know was, what is this gas? is it dangerous to inhale?

(i wasn't quite sure where i should post this so...yer whatever)

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 06-02-2001 03:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think it is. I know that regular dry AN isn't the most healthy think to breath, so I guess this isn't either. I wouldn't risk it.

CodeMason
Frequent Poster
posted 06-02-2001 11:11 PM

quote:
yesterday i did it with a sheet of A4 paper (like printer paper) and it had this REALLY strong ammonia smell to it
and when i took a small sniff of it, it dam near made pass out it was so strong
so what i wanted to know was, what is this gas? is it dangerous to inhale?

Take a fucking guess.

Anthony
posted 06-03-2001 09:02 PM
The AN would decompose to release (amongst others) N2O and NO2, one makes you go "wheeeeeeeeeeeee" and the other makes you go "gak" and die.

yt2095
June 21st, 2003, 11:28 AM
Mick,

it`s Ironic really since it`s Ammonia they use in smelling salts to wake you up when you HAVE passed out :)
but yeah, i agree, ammonia is probably amongst my top 10 of disgusting stinky stuff.
DiSulpher DiChloride being number 1.
call me insane but i actualy LIKE the smell of NOx gasses (small doses only!)

as for it`s dangerousness (if there is such a word). Go Figure! :)

personaly, i think you`ll find much better sources of "Smoke Devices" that are less harmfull to you on here, in the search engine.

if you sniffed enough to make yourself "nearly pass out" then i think you over esstimate your knowledge somewhat. it`s neither clever or cool, and it will only hurt YOU in the long run :(

do some reading 1`st, then play.

Stay Safe and be happy :)