View Full Version : boosters - Archive File

megalomania
June 20th, 2003, 01:51 PM
bombman
posted 06-14-2001 08:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering what the difference is between seismic boosters and primary boosters. I tried looking it up on the web. But all I got was a bunch of companys selling boosters.

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted 06-14-2001 10:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did a quick search too. Seems they are used in deep hole blasting. They are designed to withstand greater pressures than normal boosters & have greater brisance.
------------------
for best catfood visit:
kangaroooo.cjb.net

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 06-16-2001 09:56 AM
Don't quote me on this, but aren't seismic boosters the charges that seismologists use to study rock formations underground, by detonating them just below the surface and studying the reflections of the blast? If so then they're just charges of HE with a high VoD, to result in a sharp wave rather than a "softer" one as produced by things like ANFO with low VoD's.
Just a thought.

kinetic
July 18th, 2003, 10:16 PM
I read that at great pressures many explosives (with the exception of Astrolite) will deadpress. The boosters may be high explosive that will not deapress as easily as the main charge as to help initiate an explosive deep underground but i dunno- just a thought.