View Full Version : News Stories

0EZ0
June 21st, 2003, 01:42 AM
Every now again again I search the headlines for snippets of information about E&W and the internet. A few other members do the same I'm sure. Sometimes some interesting news articles are found. Whether it be a person who is caught with posession of an explosive device or someone who has books and other literature on E&W, or some Joe got busted for illegal explosives and weapons posession etc. It seems that events such as this are becoming even more documented in the news. There may be a lot of horseshit that has been fabricated in news stories, but sometimes you do find little bits of information that are relevant.

This topic is just to post new stories and information that is relevant to our discussion, that appears in the news. I realise there are a few topics floating around already on the same subject as this, but they do not provide a wide field of different news events. Please do post any articles that you find on the net. I hope that some healthy discussion comes of it.

One story to check out. This story is dated June 18, 2003.

http://www.ctnow.com/news/local/hc-apyalebomb0618.artjun18,0,1665032.story?coll=hc-headlines-local
Former Yale Employee Denies Link To Bomb
Not an eye catching headline for us. But....

His Internet website, www.yarchive.net, lists a number of topics Yarvin said he is interested in, including explosives and guns. His explosives index lists a large variety of topics ranging from ammonium nitrate, used in fertilizer bombs, to Napalm and Thermite.
Stupid media rambling at the end of that one. There is probably more to it.

Yarvin, a former Yale computer science department employee, admitted that he has an interest in guns and explosives and that he had gunpowder, books on explosives, and metal pipe in his apartment. "It's a guy thing," he said.
Does that sound like any of the members here?

Arkangel
June 23rd, 2003, 10:02 AM
It certainly does!

Glad to see he was released without charge.

My favourite line?It's a guy thing

Sorry Frostfire and any others out there, but as a generality it probably is.

Now another link from the news, this time less related to E&W and more likely terrorism is the explosives laden ship (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3013326.stm) caught in Greece. It had pallets of TNT, dets and fuse (drool, slaver), but the paperwork said it was ANFO......HUH:confused: Maybe it was supposed to be simply AN, probably to try and fool authorities into thinking it was for a legit mining operation.

knowledgehungry
July 4th, 2003, 12:20 AM
We have female members:eek:. I never knew, wow. I have never met a girl interested in this stuff, there are girls that like to buy m80s but they figure why bother making when you can get someone else to do it. Well it's good to know that you girls exist.

0EZ0
July 4th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Christ, sorry Arkangel I didn't see your post until knowledgehungry posted.

Yes, there a a few female members. I don't think many of them openly admit it though. Pyro chicks kick ass:D . Wish there were more ladies interested in such topics. But I guess it is just a guy thing.

I read the article you posted looks very interesting. Looks like they were trying to cover up their cargo but woefully failing:D . How many suicide bombers could those arabs rig up with that shipment:eek: . Lucky they were caught I guess. Mining operation my ass, TNT, det cord, dets.. Maybe by putting ANFO on the paperwork they could get the the appropriate plackard without the red tape?

mrloud
July 29th, 2003, 03:47 AM
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/07/28/1059244540953.html

Someone successfully offski'd with AU$3.66 million worth of cash and jewellery from one of London's more heavily guarded vaults.

Not quite E&W related but interesting none the less.

This story seems to have taken a while to come to the attention of the popular media. The theft happened back in June :-(

zeocrash
July 29th, 2003, 05:42 AM
I seem to remember that RC killing himself caused a big media hype, IIRC some sweedish magazine even offered meg an interview