View Full Version : What is the liquid left after making Cyclonite-E - Archive File

megalomania
June 21st, 2003, 11:31 AM
Detonator
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 02:35 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can it be recycled to use it again?

cutefix
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 04:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you mean RDX made by the E-Process? If so then the remaining liquid is rich in acetic acid,It can be recycled to the anhydride by bubbling ketene gas to it.There is a description of it in the KIPE and elsewhere in this forum.

VasiaPupkin
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 05:05 AM
Excuse me for my bad English.
Practically it can be recycling only in industry. Its true for all kind nitrolyse proceses of preparing RDX or HMX. All home recycling processes are very difficultly. Because it need to remove the water from liquid or recycling acetic acid to angydride. Otherwise, nitronium (NO2+) concentration dont reach to required concentration.
Try to use a lithium salt catalyse (it can be extracted from used Li battery) when you make an RDX. In some proceses of RDX preparing a small amount of Lithium salt is led to "cyclisation". It possible to receive a better yield.
About ketene: i think this process is no available in homemade conditions. And ketene is very toxic!

Detonator
Frequent Poster
posted 07-02-2001 02:20 AM
Well you know guys i think making Acetic Anhydride is alot pf pain!!!!!!!

jin
Frequent Poster
posted 07-02-2001 06:28 PM
was the first method of making acetic anhydride by adding acetic acid to conc sulphuric acid but its not used because the acetic anhydride and sulphuric acid can expolde when in contact with each other.

Detonator
Frequent Poster
posted 07-03-2001 02:23 AM
Jin can you post the method please?

jin
Frequent Poster
posted 07-03-2001 05:12 AM
i dont know if theres any usefull safe method useing these chemicals.i just saw it in a old book method for making acetic anhydride taking water out of acetic acid with conc sulphuric acid.