View Full Version : Friction ignition - Archive File

megalomania
June 21st, 2003, 12:53 PM
-(z)-
posted 07-23-2001 10:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i now need to know how to mix these Friction ignition mixtures, plz help me.
1.potassium chlorate, antimony trisulfide, and glue.

2.manganese dioxide, red phosphorus, and glue.

BrAiNFeVeR
Frequent Poster
posted 07-24-2001 10:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When i would want to making a friction sensitive mixture, like Potassium permangate with sugar (does cool things with glycerine, nice timer), i first ground all the ingrediënts very finely, then put them on a big cheat of paper, and with something soft (sponge) gently rubbed them all, until the mixture had a equal color.
Now, the glue doesn't make things simpler, but it's worth the try i guess ...
------------------
"Mess with me, and you'll end up with a .44 under your chin and your brains on the ceiling"

(when you mix the ingredients on the paper you don't rub them you slide them back and fourth across the paper till it's thourougly mixed. BTW fix the name it looks kinda kewl)

[This message has been edited by PYRO500 (edited July 26, 2001).]

What do you mean by, 'fix the name' ???

[This message has been edited by BrAiNFeVeR (edited July 28, 2001).]

Ezikiel
Frequent Poster
posted 07-24-2001 10:22 PM
I wet my mixtures with alcohol or something similar and use a wooden stick / spatula to mix. And do not wear clothes made of synthetic materials
I have ignited a mixture of alcohol wet KNO3 + Red P cause I was wearing a nylon track suit with a lab coat. Watch out for static build up.