View Full Version : FNP90 - Archive File

megalomania
June 21st, 2003, 01:08 PM
deezs
Frequent Poster
posted 06-21-2001 05:10 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know the FNP90 submachinegun?
Stupid question... Of course you know the biggest rival of HK PDW. You can see in every article, that the mags are not reliable. I have two simple methods to make them better. If you are interested in it, you can download the letter which I have sent to FN.
http://y42.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ddeezs
a remark:
As in the past,(when the HK made the G11, and the russians made the AN-94, and reached the same result) the russians found a better way, they have developed their own Personal Defense Weapon. It eats: 9X18 Makarov Standart, 9X18 Makarov High Impulse, 9x19 Para, 9X19 RG057 Armor Piercig (AP), 9X21 RG052, RG 054 HIAP, 9X30 "Grom" HIAP and others - more than 15 different rounds simultaneosly.
See:
http://www.guns.convey.ru/blade/gepard.html

AR-15 Man
Frequent Poster
posted 06-21-2001 06:58 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FN won't be popular on the market because of high price and expensive ammo. Why buy the FN P90 when you can get 4 M-4's for that price. It costs 4000 dollars for a SOT dealer to buy if he can get one. And ammo is awfully expensive. Plus with the problems of ammo dropping out when the clips hits the ground or takes a good hit. If you say M-4 has to much muzzle blast get one with a can (suppresser).
As for the Gepard it is a very well made weapon. It has great potential. When Most Western countries learn to stop giving a shit what weapons our enemies have used and look at the potential maybe they will adopt such fine weapons. Hopefully vice versa.

ThIoDeN
posted 07-28-2001 11:03 AM
First of all, I'm from Belgium,so i'm kinda proud 'bout this, kay? We make the P90, and the new version, the p2000, this is a real improvement , it is even being used by the Belgian Special Forces. Don't have time, now, but I'll see if I can upload a picture soon.

------------------
crime doesn't pay unless you do it right
ThIoDeN

AR-15 Man
Frequent Poster
posted 07-28-2001 12:29 PM
The FN2000 is a different monster. If you go to www.securityarms.com you can find a pic of one. It uses 5.56x45mm and is very modular. It also uses M-16 mags. Maybe this won't be the overpriced flop the P90 was. Looks like it has some promise. Hey I have respect for Belgium weapons. Fals, HiPowers are all great Belgium made weapons.

stickfigure
June 22nd, 2003, 08:53 AM
My only gripe with the P90 is that it's feeding system is not compatible with the if you had interchangable mags that would work in both the P90 and the Five seveN you would have a very function and adaptable weapons system that gives the user more options and reliblity. It's seems the P90 was made and the Five seveN as an after thought. The P90 I'm sure could be reenginered so that it excepted Five seveN standard mags and extended 50 rounders that could be used in the P90. That way your whole system is interchangable not just with ammo but mags as well. Otherwise you Belgians really know how to make some bad ass weapons! I'm useing an FN M-4 upper for my carbine haven't got home yet to check it all out but my Dad says it's a beauty.