View Full Version : Pineapple - Archive File

megalomania
June 21st, 2003, 01:09 PM
ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-24-2001 09:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have one of those WW2 pineapples (unarmed), but I was planning to (rearm) it.
Iv got plans in mind but i wanted to run it by some people here 1st. i was thinking along the lines of AP put in on the site with a lengthy fuse so i can run and take some cover. i might attach it to an old telephone pole (the 10 in. ones). you thing it would at least blow out 1/2 of that. and there will surly be pics if not videos of the whole ordeal.
Please throw out some suggestions!

c0deblue
Frequent Poster
posted 06-25-2001 02:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sure wouldn't attempt to pack one of those things with something as friction sensitive as AP, whether at the site or not. The inside of the casting has a fairly rough surface and I wouldn't want to be holding a device specifically designed for anti-personnel use when it went off.
The interior volume of a pineapple grenade is 70 cc not including the fuse train and threaded bottom opening (I just measured one), so it will hold about 85 grams of AP confined - more than enough to turn a good bit of you into chopped meat. I think a good general rule is that AP and shrapnel-producing casings just don't mix unless you have remote filling equipment or a death wish.

The quasi-ellipsoidal shape probably isn't the best choice either if the objective is to sever a 10" pole - most of the blast will be directed away from it unless it's heavily backed up.

Tony Montana
Frequent Poster
posted 06-25-2001 06:17 AM
In a perfect world you would go and acquire some (CH3)2NC6H5 and some HNO3 and produce C7H5N5O8.
But its not a perfect world and dimethylaniline is very hard to get(to say the least). But my first choice for a bursting charge would be tetryl, second RDX.

P.S.\Confuscus says "Man who go to sleep with itchy bottom; Wake up with smelly finger."
\Confuscus also says "Man who fill grenade with AP; Is man with balls of steel."

PYRO500
posted 06-25-2001 08:48 AM
or a head full of steel...

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted 06-25-2001 06:28 PM
This has already been discused. the is actually a article on how to re-Arm them.
------------------
A wise man once said:
"...There Will Be No
Stand Off At High Noon
... Shoot'em In The Back
And, Shoot'em In The Dark"

Agent Blak-------OUT!!

zaibatsu
Frequent Poster
posted 06-25-2001 08:04 PM
And a PDF file that I created for someone, foxtrot

ANTI-SYSTEM
Frequent Poster
posted 06-26-2001 11:40 PM
it has V*C* (*=.)carved in it. what is that, the squade or company the guy was in.

c0deblue
Frequent Poster
posted 06-27-2001 01:41 PM
The best site around for identifying grenades is http://pacificcoast.net/~dlynn/
Since the initials "V.C." don't appear in the markings listed at
http://pacificcoast.net/~dlynn/Markings.htm#American Manufacturers , they could be anything - maybe the soldier's initials.

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted 07-15-2001 01:55 AM
I don't want to be pushy, but DO IT!!! It is worth it. I just detonated one just yesterday. I did have a detonator and all lined out, but it didn't work so I just wired the visco through the top plug and tied a knot in it. Me and 2 friends walked through about 2 miles of very heavily wooded forest and arrived at the blast site. They are impressed when firecrackers explode underwater. I didn't tell them what I filled it with (AP), I said "Maybe halfway full of BP . I packed the AP in as tight as I could get it (I know, I know... btw, this was 2-3 days in advance). Then I stuck it halfway in the mud by a pond/lake/shit smelling swamp place. It was about a foot from the water line. I lit the fuze and hauled ass behind a giant piece of rock with my buddies about 20 yards away and acted calm and said "I hope I put in enough BP for it to plow up ." The visco (4") must have went out and re-lit, it seamed like soooo long. My friend (A) next to me looks around the corner to see what's taking so long. Right then, with a sudden, scarry jolt of adrenaline, I achieved a spiritual sense of orgazmical happiness so intense I get goose bumps and an adrenaline rush just thinking about it. It rained mud for about 30 seconds I guess. My friend (A) almost got smacked with a rock from the sky about the size of a baseball. The crater was about 2.5-3+ feet in dia. by 8+ in. deep. I saw an old tire in the mud in the distance, so I got it and the crater swallowed it whole. We looked for shrapnel or places where it would have hit (rock we were hiding behind, trees, everything), we found nothing but quarter sized patches of mud everywhere. I had used a chuckey cheese coin super glued to the bottom for a plug. The crater was extremely large seeing as how I had only stuck the pineapple in the rocky mud halfway. I was expecting it to be approx. <1' by 4-6". But my AP seems to be mysteriously stable. I had also set off 3 very small pipe bombs, 1 the day before, and 2 the day after. They seamed like novelty items compared to the grenade, but were very fun. Well I'm tired of talking, your turn.

simply RED
Frequent Poster
posted 07-15-2001 06:59 AM
The best improvised filler will be blasting gelatine-dinamite(NC-NG). About 25% nitroglycerine 72%NC and 3%KNO3 for greater stability. It is very powerful and brisant, adding more NG would increase power but I doubt it will be safer to make and handle than AP(maybe it will be less sensitive to flame). It would be better to store if very good purified and stabilized with diphenylamine. I'm gonna try to make tomorrow some blasting gelatine with 50% NG. 35-50 grmas AP makes really effective granade(shrapnel device) tha AP is brisant and the scrapnels fly with enough velocity to kill everything in good radius. I won't say that ammonits are good filler of granades since they are not brisant, but some ANNM with lots of NM could be used(ammonites have been widely used to fill granades during the world wars), urea nitrate is something i won't recomend 4 this, but it is not bad...
RDX and better explosives will be just wasted if you fill simple scrapnel device with them...