View Full Version : glock 17 - Archive File

megalomania
June 21st, 2003, 01:11 PM
atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 05:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hello, back at last. I had an idea and i need the assistance and vast acumulated knowlage of this forum to help me follow it through.
Idea: deac glock 17, new barrel and new firing pin. Will this work. I think the only thing actualy done to deac is to bugger the barrel up and remove the firing pin. I know there there is a simmilar topic below but i need more specifice. All i need to know is if this will work, and if not then how cacn i make it do so.
regards, Chris.
------------------
all wize men have unwize fantasies <

^
>

Anthony
posted 07-01-2001 07:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you already have the gun or would you buy it for the purpose? If you already have it then it'd be a lot easier to tell what would need doing and whether it is viable. I think they keep changing deac requirements (more stuff) so an older one might be easier. At the time of the handgun ban I think the standard was to cut a slot along the whole length of the barrel and weld a bar in, remove the firing pin, grind the bolt face off (that'd be a bastard to repair!) and a few other things. I suppose on like an SMG with a simple bolt you could make a replacement but with an automatic handgun I'd guess it'd be a lot harder - thinking that the face is machined as one with the slide, or is it removeable? I'm sure an handgun owner that's stripped their gun would be a lot more help here than me.
Welcome back BTW

Pyro
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 07:15 PM
Let me welcome you back, atropine..I haven't heard from you since that attempted 55 gallon ANFO incident...I don't think you ever shared the details about the end result with us on that, and if you didn't, would you mind?
-Pyro

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 07:24 PM
You would be better off using a pre Oct 95 deact (if your based in uk). The deact requirments are less harsh, a smg would be easier to reactivate especially one with an open bolt ie uzi, skorpion, mac 10/11 etc. Most guns of this period only have the pin removed and bored and a blocked barrel. A revolver will chamber rounds but the barrel would still be block this might be easier to convert. Also there aren't many old spec deact glocks about.

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted 07-01-2001 07:31 PM
Forgot to add that you can buy deactivated glock 17s from http://www.worldwidearms.com

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 07-02-2001 01:21 PM
i just saw the prices of the glock and "fuckit " springs to mind. Damn. I really need help trying to find a hand gun where i stand a chance of reactivating it. Damn you lucky americans. I cant even remember why we were robbed of our personnal protection. Please help.

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 07-02-2001 03:50 PM
Not quite as good as a converted deac., but:
I'm thinking of making a non-auto with .223 bullets from TAL, and 6mm nitro blanks from Blackpool Guns, using an air pistol for the basics. The barrel will be reinforced or replaced and machined to fit a blank in, a weaker spring put in, the compression chamber vented with some holes, a new piston head will be made with a firing pin on it, and the gas port will be drilled out so that the firing pin will fit through.
Cocking the break-barrel action allows a bullet and blank to be put in, and it sets the trigger mechanism. Close the action and it's ready to fire!

Like I said, it's not as nice as a reactivated gun, but it'll work. I'll also make up a silencer, to avoid being heard too much.
I'm just a bit worried that I might need to strengthen the mechanism that holds the barrel in place, I'll test it remotely.
The pistol I'm thinking of is a cheap (don't want to mess with a good one) Gammo break-barrel .22, mainly plastic in construction (that's why I'm a bit worried...). It's only a tenner second hand so I might as well, right?!

Anthony
posted 07-02-2001 04:45 PM
Doing a Donutty and getting a blank firing Glock from guns2u.com might be cheaper and require less work but not being as high quality as the real thing it might be a bit risky.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 07-03-2001 01:25 PM
nononono, Im going to by all the parts like a new barrel and firing pin etc.

Anthony
posted 07-03-2001 03:36 PM
From the US? Will they ship to the UK?

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted 07-03-2001 11:07 PM
You've got no chance! You might as well ship a live gun into the uk because barrels, extractors, bolt assembly etc are considered firearms in themselves. Research the law a bit before you do anything you might regret. However there is a legal loophole regarding shotguns in the uk. You can buy pretty much all of the parts to a shotgun without a license its just illegal to put them together without a license (I kid you not!).
You may be hard pressed to find a uk dealer to supply you with parts but you could enquire in other countries eg Belgium.

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 07-04-2001 01:16 PM
Hahahaha. That was in response to Aggys post. How ironic that some one posting in a practicay illegal forum should be interested not tryng to break the law. But i have found some one who may be able to supply me with a barrel at $35 second hand. I also have started machining a firing pin from hardened steel. All i wanted to know is if it would work. Im not really bothered about the legalities in shipping barrels they are relatively easy to disguise. May be by blocking it up with chemical metal so if it does get caught by customs they would hopefully think it as a deac barrel. Be as critical as you like a hand gun is something i have always wanted to try my hand at and eventualy ill get one working. Oh and good luck to all other ppl trying to reactivate or rebuild any gun.

Aggy
Frequent Poster
posted 07-04-2001 03:10 PM
Not trying to break the law and not getting caught are two different things. Also you say you are not bothered by the legalities then why don't you just ship in a disguised live gun then?

atropine
Frequent Poster
posted 07-04-2001 04:20 PM
well it would be quite hard to disguise a whole gun and i do actually want it. I do have some concern with getting caught that is why im not buying anything that would be registered to me ie from guns2u or any other gun shop. What i meant in my prior comment is that i wasnt concerned with breaking the law but obviously concerned with bieng repromanded in gaol.

Azazel
Frequent Poster
posted 07-05-2001 04:48 AM
my advice to anyone wishing to illegaly purchase a handgun would to associate yourself with the type of ppl who deal with illegal things... for example
not hinting like ive done this before, but drug dealers and the likes are everywhere in the world. im not talking drug lord either i just mean your standard dealer who attempts to make some money on the side by dealing in drugs. anyways these kind of people are constantly surrounded by individuals who can obtain such things which you require. I know many people like this and the array of firearms i have seen is quite a nice site...

purchasing a handgun from these people is not a hard thing either. Offer them enough money and they will sell. be cautious of whom you talk to though. Make sure a respectable person obtains it for you. if you do not know the people they may not respect you much and may just rob you blind for your money with the gun you though u were going to buy...

anyways thats my two cents on the situation. If you do live in the UK it should be relatively easy to obtain such things. My cousin from Londan recently came down to AUstralia and we had a little chat. He was telling me that some areas of UK are very dangerous with a murder occuring every 11 hours in one suburb alone... i dunno bout u guys but where i live these things dont happen. With this in mind it should be easier to come accross some underground activity.