View Full Version : UK weed killer - Archive File

megalomania
June 22nd, 2003, 02:29 PM
Alchemist
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 12:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello all,
Has anyone found a USA source for the CHLORATE WEED KIILER thats sold in England!

Thanks!

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 03:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having difficulty buying stuff from the US at the moment due to export restrictions. I daresay there are import restrictions that are just as strict too. I would send you some if I thought it would get through.

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 03:47 PM
How would they know what was in it? They can't open it without a reason, and what reason would they have? I doubt it could be smelled by dogs. I'd send it by surface mail though, since if they did find it on a plane they'd probably be a bit cross, since it's quite dangerous.

kingspaz
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 05:17 PM
it should be available near places that have alot of wasteland because it slaughters the soil for 6 months. well it says don't replant soil for 6 months after treatment.

Alchemist
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 06:13 PM
Hello again,
Well here in the states they sell this long string ORGANIC shit that has NO use to us at all!!!
I called a BIG Ag-Company today and they tell me it's band in the USA!

P.S., I DO NOT think there are any restrictions on shipping weed killer! But I could be wrong.

Thanks all...................................

Anthony
posted 07-06-2001 08:16 PM
Of course there's restrictions of shipping NaClO3 weedkiller! It's a powerful oxidiser and could spontaneously start a large fire in transit.
Just guy it from one of the many dedicated pyro suppliers, it'd be easier, faster, cheaper and more legal.

Alchemist
Frequent Poster
posted 07-06-2001 09:47 PM
OK! I give up I'll just buy some. Thanks all!!

yt2095
June 22nd, 2003, 02:51 PM
Alchemist,
i stongly suspect that the weed killers you have there are systemic poisons IE/ paraquat or Diquat.
(i`m sure some1 like NBK can give you a Kazillion uses for these! as they are EXTREMELY TOXIC!)
and smell just like lemonade!
you`ll not find it at farming supliers because as KingSpaz says, your soil will be unusable for a good 6 months, and on large sections of land if you want to make a living, this would be undesirable,
a Home gardening center would more than likely be your best bet, as it`s used on pathways and driveways etc...
a Large gardening center Should stock it, it`ll just take some time/effort on your part to read the containers, but if you get one that says it "fire depresant" on it, your onto a fairly safe bet :)

Sonny Jim
July 14th, 2003, 03:25 PM
In the UK sources include:

B&Q
Focus
Homebase
Local hardware stores
Any decent garden centre
Asda

Brands include:

Doff
Gem

All makes come with 53% (ish) fire retardant.