View Full Version : A rare exp: Oxamide nitrate

Vegeta
June 4th, 2002, 09:25 PM
I have a recipe for this explosive. It's not that common, but info is info.

Take 2.1g of oxamide, (CONH2)2, and place it in 25mL of cold water. Then add 2mL of near 100% HNO3 (twice the stoichemical amount). Oxamide nitrate seems to be more water-soluble than pure oxamide; the water becomes a milky white, and there is far less solid on the bottom of the beaker. Filter and dry in the usual way. The final product is farily insensitive.

Mick
June 5th, 2002, 06:26 AM
******entist was a fag, and still is a fag, and will always remain a fag.

i think the fact hangs out at queerpenis speaks for itself.

Pu239 Stuchtiger, i acctually thought you were a pretty cluey(read: smart) guy. but the fact that you hang around(willingly) at queerpenis has somewhat surprized me.

megalomania
June 5th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Nice try there, vegeta, while I appreciate the effort it is nice to have a mention that you acquired the information from somewhere else at least. I am sure whatever website that came from didn't bother to post it's sources, but I prefer the mention of the original journal or book.

Pu239 Stuchtiger
June 5th, 2002, 09:41 PM
---------------Last-Warning----------------------

<small>[ June 05, 2002, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: PYRO500 ]</small>

Mad Scientist
June 21st, 2002, 05:50 PM
I wrote that "recipe" that Vegeta posted here - it was my own idea, I have not seen mention of it anywhere.

Mick - I essentially abandoned that board a long time ago. The administrator of that board just never rotates the moderators. That's why I'm still a moderator at that piece of shit board.

<small>[ June 21, 2002, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Mad Scientist ]</small>

megalomania
June 22nd, 2002, 02:36 AM
I know when I am wrong, and this may be the case. I will remove that post if you wish in the hopes that you may repost it as your own.

inferno
June 22nd, 2002, 05:09 AM
If you dont mind my asking, what did Pu say?

This explosive seems really damn easy to make...but where do you obtain oxamide? Ive never heard of it

Polverone
June 22nd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Oxamide is the corresponding amide of oxalic acid. It can be made by treating an oxalic acid ester with ammonia water, which will form and precipitate the oxamide. To prepare the oxamide, heat oxalic acid, ethanol, and a small amount of sulfuric acid together in a closed vessel for a few hours at near-boiling temperatures. Let the mixture cool and then dump it into cold water. There will be a second, immiscible liquid that falls to the bottom of the container of water; this is the ester of oxalic acid and ethanol. Separate it as well as you can and then add clear household ammonia to form oxamide.