View Full Version : RDX : Wax desensitising. - Archive File

megalomania
June 25th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted November 23, 2000 03:05 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear it is posible to desensitize RDX by mixing it with wax. Exactly what sort of wax ? Beeswax ? Candle wax ? Anyone tried it ?
------------------
'Guns will make us greedy. Butter will only make us fat.'

Agent Blak
Frequent Poster
posted November 23, 2000 04:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not think RDX was that sensitive to begin with. But if you want to plastize it try Mineral Oil.

Jumala
Frequent Poster
posted November 23, 2000 09:35 PM
For phlegmatisation of RDX (also PETN)you must heat 450-500 ml water in a bowl with stirrer to 88°C. Put 6g molten Montanwax in the water and poor 120g RDX in. Stir it always. Now let drop the temperatur slowly to Roomtemp (aprox. 2 hours). After this filter out the desensitised RDX.

tropical6969
A new voice
posted November 24, 2000 02:47 AM
use that stuff called ummmmm parrafin wax. I use it all the time to lube up my asshole for the big black dildo I sit on every night.

[This message has been edited by nbk2000 (edited December 11, 2000).]

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted November 24, 2000 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone. Is paraffin wax the stuff they use in candles ? Will petroleum jelly do instead.
Jumala do you mean molten wax ?

Agent Black the desensitisation is to compress it safely, not to plasticise it.

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted November 24, 2000 04:21 PM
try water.....I think,
never done it though, I didnt think your supposed to press RDX, it's a secondary explosive...is it not?
[This message has been edited by BoB- (edited November 24, 2000).]

Jumala
Frequent Poster
posted November 24, 2000 09:12 PM
The receipe I have written befor is from a book named "Urbanski 1961-63". It contains the industrial production methods of most explosives in germany befor 1945.
The book says Montanwax. I donīt know what stuff it is. But I think Paraffin could work also.
2. Yes I mean molten wax wich must be poored in the hot water with the RDX.

Machiavelli
Frequent Poster
posted November 26, 2000 02:51 PM
Sex on candlewax, never heard of it? Anyway, itīs not that important where you get your wax from (candle, heating bath, your girlfriends tender skin) itīs not a reagent, it just coats the rdx to lower its reactivity.

sadsakjoel
Frequent Poster
posted December 01, 2000 03:37 AM
yeah petroleum jelly too!

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted December 14, 2000 01:35 PM
Has someone been messing around with these replies ? What happened to the cheese-grater dick joke ?

Anthony
posted December 14, 2000 04:42 PM
One of the mods mustn't like my sense of humour.

PYRO500
posted January 26, 2001 11:39 PM
I dont think nbk likes tropical6969's humor either!

SMAG 12B/E5
Frequent Poster
posted March 07, 2001 10:21 PM
If you add Al powder to the RDX/paraffin mix, the result makes an excellent shaped charge filler (RPG-7) for press loading.

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted March 08, 2001 09:25 AM
Sounds okay. The only problem with shaped charges seems to be getting them to detonate without the use of electronic components like piezo etc. without messing up the shape of the explosive.

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted March 08, 2001 04:12 PM
lol it's so damn funny, nbk never seizes to amuse me with his antics with tropical6969.
Oh yeah, and it's getting very annoying, how everyone keeps on having their names with tons of numbers in them. This isn't IRC damnit, there's millions of names available on the forum, you don't have to resort to putting gay numbers in your name.

With the exception of pyro500, and SMAG 12B/E5, because pyro500 sounds cool, and so does SMAG 12B/E5. People don't need to change their names or anything, but it is just getting annoying, that's all. Something like "Anthony_8646" isn't neccessary. It makes the forum look like a bit of a trashy place. We want the forum to look perfect!