View Full Version : Hydrogen Peroxide - Archive File

megalomania
June 26th, 2003, 12:22 PM
simongod
A new voice
posted November 06, 2000 01:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the situation that I am having. I went to Wal-mart to buy some hydrogen peroxide (great deal on 64 once bottles). I wanted to buy 8 bottles of 64 ounces each. When I was in line I was stopped by a wal-mart worker and a cop. They asked me if I had any ID, I told them NO. They told me that I needed an ID to buy that much HP. What the hell was that about?
Anyway I have found it difficult and costly to buy a lot of HP from local stores also they are starting to recognize me. So here is what i am thinking, how can I produce HP at home cheaply and easily?

Bitter
Frequent Poster
posted November 06, 2000 01:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think there's some dumb law involving the environment that restricts the quantity of h2o2 you can have, but I personally think the cop had sussed out what you were probably making.

Anthony
posted November 06, 2000 05:28 PM
what legitimate reason would require 12x64ounce bottles of H2O2, you were obviouslying doing soemthing out of the ordinary with it. I got asked what I wanted 6 150ml bottles for, I said it was for a science project and the woman behind the counter suddenly became very helpful. BTW I am not typically a person that requires even one bottle of H2O2...Get a dumb blonde chick to buy it for you!

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted November 06, 2000 07:01 PM
H2o2 is used on open or "penetration" type wounds as a disinfectant, so, everyone has legit reason for owning some, I beileve Hydrogen peroxide is poisinous or something and can harm wildlife.

BobsRAC
A new voice
posted November 06, 2000 08:04 PM
Just buy one big bottle from several different stores...what the hell do you need 2lbs. of AP for anyway? If you really need that much, either you aren't using it properly, or you're up to no good...
------------------
Please take into account that I am just an amature and that any information provided here is unreliable.

Anthony
posted November 07, 2000 09:41 AM
Haha, technically we're ALL up to no good!

nbk2000
posted November 08, 2000 10:29 AM
There's a method for making Extascy (SP?) that uses HP so that may be why they fucked with you.
------------------
"The knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

Go here to download the NBK2000 website PDF.

Anthony
posted November 08, 2000 06:25 PM
Ecstacy - I had to look it up, one of those words that doesn't look right even if it is.
"E" is much easier to remember

Igenx
Frequent Poster
posted November 08, 2000 09:37 PM
The easyiest thing to say when you have a problem with buying hydrogen peroxide is to say that you have an injured animal and you need it to clean it's wound. You need someone to back up your story, so just have someone say that it died before you got back and they disposed of it. This works perfectly because I have had to do it (actually for an injured horse), and I have never had any problems with it.

The Real
Frequent Poster
posted December 20, 2000 12:22 AM
I've found most cops don't know a whole lot about guns or explosives. I was stopped at a public rifle range when I finally got a hellfire to work on my SKS for a tad bit. I had hi-cap mags, a flash hider, and bayonet. According to the ATF this is an illegal configuration, I didn't buy it originally like that. The cop only said that he had hear full auto fire and just looked the gun over to make sure it was legally firing that fast.
Another instance as a teen I was ran down by a detective for having sought out ammonium nitrate. He ended up searching my room. He grabbed a film canister that was filled up with flash powder glued shut with a fuse hanging out of it. He took it apart and dumped out the contents, smelled some and put it aside. He told me if he found anything that resembled a bomb I'd be in trouble. Now come on how the hell could he have just overlooked that? He then proceeded to tell me if he heard anything go boom in the area he was gonna look for me. Three days later his own kid was caught with a "Works Bomb", the whole town made a big deal of it.

If you are stopped for something like that it's probably over drugs. Heck it the last list I looked at the ATF didn't even have organic peroxides listed as explosives.

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted December 20, 2000 12:31 PM
Yeah too much drugs these days, Not enough bombs, Although I sometimes talk to this
Sgt. PoTete guy that comes to my high school about C-4, AT4 rocket launchers, and Avenger missile systems.
I went into Walgreens the other day and asked the lady there at the pharmacy for some 30% Hydrogen Peroxide and she said that they didn't carry any I then asked for some 6% and they didn't have any of that either
WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO?
she said that I should check hardware stores and farm supply stores???
so I just got 2 quarts of 3% and used that to make AP.
Isn't there some way to decompose Barium Peroxide and bubble the gas through water to make H2O2?

PYRO500
posted December 20, 2000 04:02 PM
just buy some baquacil at a pool store

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted December 20, 2000 09:01 PM
When I bought mine (baquacil), I had no money and had to beg my mom for about 10 minutes outside and I also was wearing black sweats, black sweatshirt, black underware, and a black robbery hat (skimask without the holes in it). They had no problem with me looking as suspicious as I was (I just walked in there and fucked arround with their torches and other shit). I just told them I was getting a spa thing for christmas (yea right) and my dad asked me to fetch him some pool shit with Hydrogen Peroxide in it (I purposly said it a bit fucked up, I just said something like "Hydro...Hydrogen...um Per...oxide?). The girl that was there (definatly fuck worthy!) just said be sure and dont get the stuff on you. End of story.
ps I held the shit like a baby until I got home to make a dry liter of AP

[This message has been edited by Cricket (edited December 20, 2000).]

PYRO500
posted December 20, 2000 10:07 PM
how much did you pay for it? that stuff makes good ap dosent it! I made a pound (.45 kilogram) of it and I once poured a pile of damp ap on a cement block about 2 inches high and an inch in diamater and lit it with a piece of smoldering plant and burned all the hair off my arm! the way I make ap firecrackers is to moisten the ap slightly then spoon it into the case and press it with a tissue witch absorbs most of the moisture then let it sit in the sun for like an hour or two without the fuses or caps (visco fuse will absorb the water from the ap and it will not burn! ) and I store it in a plastic butter tub with a lid on it and in film containers inside the tub and water in the canistersand covering them so i have no air in them. it is a simple way to store ap, just take a butter tub, wash it out, take some clear plastic film canisters fill them 3/4 the way up with ap then SLOWLY pour water in the center of the buttertub till it is several inches above the tops of the film canisters and then put the caps on while they are underwaterso there are no air bubbles, thus having a safe way to store all the ap you will have really soon

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted December 20, 2000 11:19 PM
I think about ummm $12.9? or so (under $20 for sure). I love that shit! Used to it was: go waist all your money on the 3% bs and get a whole pinch of AP. Now its: buy it once and use it forever. I just waist the AP like crazy, since im out of fuse I just pour a tad in this .5 in. dia. pipe and light it. Its usually poof, but if your not paying attention (ie. TV), expect a recoil (I squished the end of the pipe and folded it once) and a bitchin from your parents. Thanks for the info man, if I didnt have it(baquacil), I wouldnt have AP.

PYRO500
posted December 21, 2000 06:34 PM
that was the way for me too, now i have fun in the afternoond by making larger and larger piles of ap and throw matches at it, now i have burened alotof my arm hair

megalomania
Administrator
posted February 02, 2001 03:26 PM
2 or 3 years ago Wal-Mart corp signed a cooperative aggreement with the DEA to curtail the sale of suspicious chemical products used in the manufacture of drugs. They voluntarily restrict the sale of certain quantities of chemicals. For example you can not buy more than 3 packs of ephidrine containing cold capsules at a time. Of course that does not mean you can not drop your stuff off in the car then go back in to a different register, a different day, or just go to a drug store somewhere else.
------------------
For the most comprehensive and informative web site on explosives and related topics, go to Megalomania's Explosives and Stuff at http://surf.to/megalomania

wiredfreak
A new voice
posted March 02, 2001 05:33 PM
can you freeze 3% Hydrogen Peroxide to get it to a higher percent

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 09:14 PM
From what I remember hearing it really isn't worth it. And you cant get it to a very high % anyway. Just buy some Baquacil (I don't know if it is sold out of the US). Unless you are Pyro500, it should last a LONG time. I am still on my first gallon I have ever bought (I haven't made much the last month though). I just cleaned my room and found about 10-15 of the liter sized 3% H2O2 bottles, and one bottle of Baquacil (which is 1/7 gone).

megalomania
June 26th, 2003, 03:10 PM
the_wingman
Frequent Poster
posted March 17, 2001 05:10 AM
Sodium Perborate is an important ingredient in every washing powder. If a solution of Na2B2H4O8 is heated it reacts with the water to H2O2 ( B2H4O8(2+) + 2 H2O ->2 H2BO3(+) + 2 H2O2). For this reaction the temperature must be over 60°C and there should't be any OH(-)-ions in the solution. Therefore the Sodium Perborate has to be pure. I wasn't able to try if this H2O2 really works for AP or HMTD, but if H2BO3(-) has no bad influence this would be a way to produce cheap and strong H2O2.
Maybe you can get this stuff easily in the USA. I saw it in Italy and France being sold in super-markets. It was damn cheap. Why on hell I didn't buy it ??? Whyyyyyyy ???

PYRO500
posted March 17, 2001 12:53 PM
the only sodium______borate I know of in the usa is Borax, witch I think is sodium tetra borate.

PYRO500
posted March 17, 2001 12:55 PM
I have tried to make H2O2
before but I was un successful and I wasted around 20 dollars the cheapes souce of Hydrogen peroxide is as a racing fulel, avalable at some rocket car racing tracks, and you can get for a little more money as baquacil
[This message has been edited by nbk2000 (edited March 17, 2001).]

Ctrl_C
Frequent Poster
posted March 17, 2001 01:55 PM
heh...forget something?....maybe <*/sub>?

[This message has been edited by Ctrl_C (edited March 17, 2001).]

PYRO500
posted March 17, 2001 04:34 PM
hahahahah! thanks nbk, I for got the end command

the_wingman
Frequent Poster
posted March 19, 2001 12:12 PM
hey guys, does really nobody wants to make his own cheap h2o2?
I thought most of you had problems in getting it.

nbk2000
posted March 20, 2001 09:29 PM
Sodium Perborate is available in the US as "Oxy-Clean". Pretty expensive though at $8 per pound.
------------------
"The knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them"

Go here to download the NBK2000 website PDF.

Go here to download the NBK2000 videos.

Ctrl_C
Frequent Poster
posted March 21, 2001 12:19 AM
just for the record: i hate that infomercial.
"it's oxy-clean!"

ranks right up there with the weird guy selling government opportunities with the question mark suit

....must kill....

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted March 21, 2001 02:34 PM
Hahahahaha! Exactly!

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted March 22, 2001 12:51 AM
Sound like a worthwhile idea. Would this be the electrolyctic or auto-oxidation method. And what's the one that this isn't.

knowledgehungry
June 26th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I actually think that oxiclean uses sodium perCARBONATE not perBORATE.