View Full Version : AP caps - Archive File

megalomania
June 26th, 2003, 12:25 PM
M-16
A new voice
posted March 02, 2001 07:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, this is my first post on mega's forum i have been members on others. So to the point of this thread, I'm going to think of makings so caps to start a detonation is AN, with AP in a cap that i make well first let me explain. I go out to the target range and pick up 45 ACP brass or any thing that is 45 caliber and 22-250 brass and tap out the old primer on one and cut the 22-250 brass right before the neck in the case and hamer the two together and pack with BP and fuse nice sized blast. But then I thought why not use AP in them to detonate AN but the thing to it is, I heard that AP and metals does something, but the othere thing is that brass is pretty intert so does any body think this would work? Oh ya how much AP would be needed for so much AN and what type of AN powdered or prills which? (If any body could help me I would be much abliged. And also if any body need stuff manuals or books send me your e-mail at sergentkaos@aol.com and I send you them at my earlyist conveinace)

Cricket
Frequent Poster
posted March 02, 2001 09:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I understand you, you want to make a detonator for ANFO (or ANNM?) with AP. You have to use AP, not BP. And don't hammer on anything containing explosives, you should know that. I recommend reading KIBC, just search The Forum. It can explain it better than I can. And it will take more than a .45 shell, a lot more for ANFO. My favorite casings to use for explosives are a .223, a .45 and .44 mag stuck together, and .22 mag's. Not all .45's are the exact same so don't get pissed if the first one wont fit. Well, that's about it. Just read KIBC and you should understand what you need to do.