View Full Version : Mortar tubes - Archive File

megalomania
June 26th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Digital-Demon
A new voice
posted March 16, 2001 04:39 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to the local plumber supply shop and bought 1 piece of 30" long 2" pipe and one end cap. Now here’s the problem it has a small bump in the tube all the way down on the inside, how do I get rid of it?
Acid wont work because it will also eat the rest of the tube.
Any other ideas?

Thanx

ALENGOSVIG1
posted March 16, 2001 06:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want a REAL mortar i recommend you buy Rgnar Bensons Homemade weapons book Or read the OCR'd version in nbk's file.

BoB-
Frequent Poster
posted March 16, 2001 10:11 PM
Its called a seam, its formed because a machine rolls the metal into a tube, buy seamless.

SMAG 12B/E5
Frequent Poster
posted March 16, 2001 10:32 PM
BoB is correct. Buy seamless tubing. It is called mechanical or hydraulic tubing. The inside can be pollished, if needed, with a power drill, drill extension and tube poilisher (lookes like a sandpaper "flapper cylinder"). A cylinder hone will also polish the tube. An improvised one can be fabricated easily. I have a set of plans for a 60mm mortar but no way to efficently post pictures (still learning). Be sure to proof test your barrel before using. Live rounds must be bore safe.