View Full Version : Cosh - Archive File

megalomania
June 26th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Sako
A new voice
posted March 24, 2001 11:21 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was reading a spy book and they talked about cosh’s, And I thought it would be a better weapon then a “Billy club”, because billy clubs are hard to hide. Well any way
This is how I made one:
1st I put some dirt in a flowerpot and sprayed WD-40 on the dirt. Then I made two trenches in the dirt, both about ¾” by 2 ½” and sprayed it with WD-40. Next I took a iron pipe end cap (I’m sure you guys have a lot of those laying around ) and melted lead in it, and pored it in to the to trenches
2ND then cut two pieces of lawn mower springs. Lawn mower springs are in the top, where the rope is. Cut them about 8 inches
3rd take the two springs and wrap part of it with duct tape. Tape the two-cast lead weights to the top. wrap the whole thing with duct tape and add a loop of heavy string to the handle so you won’t lose it when you use it.
Here is a picture:
http://stenmk2.homestead.com/files/cosh.gif
By the way I let a friend hit my with it to see how bad it hurt. At ½ power it hurt like a bitch.
Has any one here ever used one, or made one?

[This message has been edited by Sako (edited March 24, 2001).]

PYRO500
posted March 24, 2001 11:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have seen something similar, the person called it a slap jack, it was an object about similar size and shape but the handle was leather and the tip had a weight covered with leather

FadeToBlackened
Frequent Poster
posted March 24, 2001 11:40 PM
that thing looks pretty cool but what is a lawnmower spring?

Sako
A new voice
posted March 25, 2001 12:07 AM
A lawn mower spring is just a flat spring. its about 3/8 by 1/16? and it's pretty long.
it's located in the top of the engine, I think it's wraped around the starter. the rope you pull to start the engine is also warped around it
http://stenmk2.homestead.com/files/lawn.gif
if you cant steal a spring from an old mower you can buy them for like $7 U.S.