View Full Version : Nitronaphtalene - Archive Thread

Anthony
March 5th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Mammut
A new voice
posted January 30, 2001 02:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hey i have a little question
is nitronaphthale(in)ne explosive ???
If yes with which substances can i bring to
the explosion??
thanx by Mammut

SofaKing
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 02:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First off your question wasn't worded very well and was difficult to understand.
Going from memory mononitronaphelene is not an explosive. If it is it would be very weak and difficult to detonate.

What subtances can you bring to the explosion??? That is the most incoherant divel in quite sometime. You could bring a soda if you want but drugs don't mix with explosives.

------------------
"ARE YOUR PAPERS IN ORDER" -- Jack Booted Thug

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 03:22 PM
I'll bring a bag of chips (one of my favorite substances)
those won't react will they?
you could bring some friends to the explosion, but make sure they dont get hurt

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 05:01 PM
I told you people that this guy was an idiot.

------------------
"I'm not a slave, to a world, that doesn't give a shit!" -Marilyn Manson

wantsomfet
Frequent Poster
posted January 31, 2001 07:38 PM
I think he meant which substance you'll need to detonate the nitronaphtalene.....
He has been learning english for a few weeks & now thinks he's an expert....
------------------
for best catfood visit:
catfood.tsx.org

Mammut
A new voice
posted February 01, 2001 03:49 PM
your question wasn't worded very well and was difficult to understand.
yes i know
Going from memory mononitronaphelene is not an explosive. If it is it would be very weak and difficult to detonate.
I have the substances Naphelene and salpeter-
acid and i have heard that i can make with this substances a little explosion, but i don´t know it is true.thanx

Mammut
A new voice
posted February 01, 2001 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SafetyLast:
I'll bring a bag of chips (one of my favorite substances)
those won't react will they?
you could bring some friends to the explosion, but make sure they dont get hurt

yo i will try to make it and bring it with
hmtd to explosion. I reapt if it was cool

Mammut
A new voice
posted February 01, 2001 03:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blackadder:
I told you people that this guy was an idiot.

ja ja black-man u are THE ONLY ONE and U ARE THE BEST and U ARE THE KING(KONG)

u are only GOOD,PERFECT

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted February 01, 2001 05:07 PM
sorgen Sie nicht sich um sie mammut, das sie über Leute sehr streng sind, die nicht Englisch gut sprechen, aber Sie werden schließlich angenommen
I think that nitronapthalene might work because it would be related to nitrated petroleum (it might have a real low DV however) and that if it doesn't I would think that it would be a good thing to mix with other explosives TNP, RDX, or AN.
Mammut you know how to make detonators right?
Im having trouble working out the formula for nitronapthalene and I haven't been able to find it online or in any of my college chemistry books, but I think it is C10H9NO3.

[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited February 01, 2001).]

blackadder
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 08:43 AM
Thanks mammut

PHILOU Zrealone
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 09:02 AM
Nitronaphtalene is not an explosive on its own! But when mixed whit conc HNO3, AN or KClO3/S/C/CaCO3 mix it makes quite good cap sensitive explosive mixtures.
Did you knew for an example that nitrobenzene/conc HNO3 mix was cap sensitive and as powerful as trinitrobenzene?????
Mononitronaphtalene can be made by melting naphtalene in HNO3 medium concentration; it turns yellow-red and has en impressive strong smell (I like it but everybody doesn't like chemicals and chemistry the way I do :-) ;-) ).Don't go over 80C because HNO3 starts to volatilise at that temp.

------------------
"Life that deadly disease sexually transmitted".
"Chemistry is all what stinks and explode; Physic is all what never works! ;-p :-) :o )"

Mammut
A new voice
posted February 02, 2001 10:26 AM
Mammut you know how to make detonators right?
Im having trouble working out the formula for nitronapthalene and I haven't been able to find it online or in any of my college chemistry books, but I think it is C10H9NO3.
[This message has been edited by SafetyLast (edited February 01, 2001).][/B][/QUOTE]

Tut mir leid keine Ahnung to make detonators right. In my book stand for napthalene C10H8
and for nitronapthalene there stand only a picture with one NO2-group.
C10H8 + HNO3 --> C10H7NO2 + H2O ( i think this reaktion is correct)

Starforce
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 10:42 AM
You Must mix Nitronapthalene with Kclo3 and Petroleum, 80% Kclo3,12%Nitronapthalene 8% Petroleum, DV : 4000m/s

SafetyLast
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 04:45 PM
war naphalene des kew yeah I C10H8, aber aus irgendeinem Grund dachte I, daß es würde gewinnen Wasserstoffatome von der Nitrierung
yeah so what? I didn't know the reaction would yield nitronapthalene and H2O im just not that great at that kind of thing.

Im familiar with the procedures, but Im not good at balancing equations

Mr Cool
Frequent Poster
posted February 02, 2001 06:03 PM
I didn't know mononitronapthalene was used at all. I've only ever heard of tetranitronapthalene being used as an explosive. It behaves very similarly to TNT.

the freshmaker
Frequent Poster
posted February 03, 2001 02:29 AM
Look in mega's explosive section and find the recipe for TeNN (I think )
it IS explosive quite similar to TNT yet a litle more powerfull.