View Full Version : Stun grenade

THErAPIST
July 23rd, 2003, 05:56 AM
I was recently watching a show on the discovery channel and I saw the police in a prison use a stun grenade to calm down rioting inmates. The stun grenade had a 1 second delay, and many "soft rubber pellets" as projectiles. I saw this grenade and thought "Hey, this wouldnt be too hard to make ". After a while of thinking this is what I concluded.

A 7 second's worth of safety fuse should be enough of a delay.
Making the casing by sewing the ends of 10 equally sized rubber pieces together would make the spread of pelets equal in every direction upon detonation.
The rubber stun pellets would be made of cut up rubber test tube stopper and bicycle tire tread.
A good pellet size would be around half a centimeter to .75 centimeter
the best pellet shape would be spherical to get the straightest flight
A pull igniter would serve as an easy pull pin type ignition
The charge that would dispense the pellets would be 46 grams of flash inside a section of zip lock baggie that is taped tightly into a ball with electrical tape
The outside of the grenade should be taped tightly and evenly with electrical tape.

Has anyone ever thought about making one of these? I've also seen them on a show about "less lethal" weapons. I dont remember seeing anything here about them before, and nothing at all was turned up from a search so I figured I'd post the idea.

Edit: Click here (www.experi-mental.org/stunnade_safety_on.jpg) for a pic of one with the savety on.
Click here (www.experi-mental.org/stunnade_safety_off.jpg) for a picture of it with the safety off.