View Full Version : Surveillance Operations

Flake2m
July 25th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Knowing how to conduct a surveillance operation successfully can be important, especially if you want to know the capabilities of the target(s). Since knowledge is power, and with technology making it possible for even the novice to conduct surveillance operations I figured it would be worth discussing in this forum.
Also if you know how to conduct a surveillance operation, then it would also help you to conduct counter surveillance operation if you think the Feds are on to you.

The legallity of this depends from country to country. In Oz though, under the surveillance act it is only illegal to covertly survey private acts. You can get away with conducting a surveillance operation on a cop or judge etc, but not on someone shower ;).

Imperial
July 26th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Well a successful surveillance operation would depend on equipment.

Wireless equipment is hardest to maintain, most expensive, but easiest to hide.

Planting the equipment is also an issue. I think someone will notice you putting cameras all over their house. The best thing would be just to walk around the property in question, and find the plans to it, etc. Or pay them a legal visit and use the opportunity to find out what you are up against. That is the best form of surveillance, and pictures can be taken from pen cams, etc. which can be used in later planning.

yt2095
July 26th, 2003, 07:36 AM
people like freebies, how about door to door giving away of free smoke alarms (you can buy them in bulk for pocket change) just make sure the one you give away to your spyee is the one with the bug in it. do a few other doors so as not to look suspicious (you don`t even have to knock them if you can`t be seen) then drive off :)

my friends ex-wife has several in her house as a result of this ploy :)