View Full Version : Blast Chamber

knowledgehungry
July 28th, 2003, 11:13 AM
As I have mentioned before I live in a relatively urban enviroment, thus making testing difficult, I can go to places where it is safe to set off larger amounts of things but for doing a small test on a newly created explosive it is a hassle. So i was contemplating building a blasting chamber, I only want something that will handle charges of about 10 grams AP, the box doesnt have to completely eliminate sound but I would like it to muffle it some. Has anyone had any experience with something of this nature? I'm thinking of it being basically a box with some sand in it. Any thoughts?

controlphreak
July 28th, 2003, 11:42 AM
You could try using one of those milotary metal foot lockers and/or ammo containers that you can find at so many military surplus stores. Those I would think would be ideal, because they are basicly indestructible and add a little sand and your great. Just my idea. Actually I kinda pulled it from I think it was Phrak when they discussed hooking up your computer inside one incase the pigs came so you could demolish it with thermite. Something like that. Anywys, that's my thoughts.

cotnrolphreak

zaibatsu
July 28th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I'm suprised at you Knowledge - you're a long-term member and you didn't search! Don't let this happen again. I'm leaving this thread locked, so you can see what happened, and to remind people that even members have to search before they post :mad:

But, as you proved yourself incapable of searching, here's a thread to get you started.

http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1754