View Full Version : "Backpack Bomb" in Turkey

Cyclonite
August 1st, 2003, 09:58 AM
Did anyone see on the news that bomb that went off in Turkey they caught on tape. I cant believe the level of intelligence used in that situation. A "bomb expert" was trying to disarm it and there were about 10 people standing around it like a fucking bunch or morons when it went off. It was all televised. Its on right now, I suggest you take a look. Its pretty amusing.

yt2095
August 1st, 2003, 10:28 AM
The stupidity of some folk is often beyond comprehension, and NEVER to be underestimated!

GibboNet
August 1st, 2003, 11:05 PM
I assume you didn't manage to get it on tape then ?

Is there any chance you could tell us a little more ? Just out of interests sake ?

And yes, we all know how stupid some people can be with explosives. Yesterday, walking home (damn car) I had a burning aerosol can thrown near me by a few rabid high schoolers. I kicked it back to them and they ran like mice. :p It's amazing how stupid people are these days.

Cyclonite
August 2nd, 2003, 04:13 AM
Well it was on the news im sure its still running on most major networks. In Turkey the police responded to a bomb threat and it was the real deal, after the police tinkered with it breifly with 13 or so people standing around it like it was some street fight. The IED went off and killed some and injured others. The people near the outside of the circle must have shit thier pants judgeing from they way they ran a couple seconds after they were surrounded by smoke from the blast. It was a sight.:D I dont have the means the video tape at my current location but it would have been nice.

inFinie
August 2nd, 2003, 12:05 PM
I'm from Turkey as you can see and here are the details:

"Bomb is sound-making type, materials used to build it are similiar to materials which are used in Southeast Anatolia by terrorists to make mines."

One cops some fingers are not there anymore. Total 17 people injured from plastics of container and/or burnt.

Some pictures and Turkish text: http://www.ntvmsnbc.com/news/227044.asp

frogfot
August 2nd, 2003, 12:53 PM
Those surrounding people probably addvised the demo man :) no wonder he failed...

"yeah yeah.. cut the red wire, you can never go wrong with a red wire.."