View Full Version : Gloveless gloves

Arkangel
August 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Anyone considering doing anything contrary to the "law" is well advised to take the precaution of wearing gloves and all the other sensible stuff to avoid detection.

There will be times though, when simply wearing gloves will draw attention. You might be on a recce, or doing something innocuous, yet you don't want to be leaving dabs all over the place.

Forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, but New Skin (http://www.westburypharmacy.com/westburystore/prods/499657.html) is handy stuff for cuts and grazes (stings like fuck) but could also be used to apply a layer of transparent plastic/rubber over all the under surfaces of your hand. This way, when you touch anything, you'll leave no prints, and nobody will be any the wiser unless you're careless;)

Chemical_burn
August 13th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Hmm an intresting idea but remember to be careful as you dont want to accidently remove a small piece of "New Skin" and leave it fro the cops to find. They maybe able to pull latent prints off of it or DNA evidence fmo skin cells. I still believe that gloves would work best. If you dont want to be noticed then put the gloves on after you get to your intended target. Just move to a secluded area and put them on. Also you could ware skin tight gloves that are the same color as your skin this woud keep people at a distance from noticeing but wouldn't work up close. To help you look the part you could also dress more formal, such as ware a nice business suit so that it doesn't look like you shouldnt be wareing gloves. I mean what well off business man would want to get his hands sirty ;).

Ok well thats just a few of my thoughs.
Till next time

zaibatsu
August 13th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Quite similar to new skin I'm sure, but it would also be possible to brush on liquid latex, the type used in mould making for GRP etc. A very good idea though

nbk2000
August 13th, 2003, 03:30 PM
I've mentioned this trick before, but I might as well repeat it.

You use an aerosol spray can of Nu-Skin, spraying your hand front and back, and let it dry. You then repeat this another four times till you have 5 layers covering your entire hand, from the tips of your fingers (directly under the nail) to your wrist. The outer layers would have no DNA in them.

It's waterproof, won't sweat off, and is fairly wear resistant. Best of all, it's not noticable, even closeup. :) And it will wash off with soap and water.

I've thought about the utility of the prosthetic gloves that burn victims can wear to disguise their melted flesh. They look like normal hands, but are made of latex or silicone. I don't know how realistic they'd look on close examination, but they mustn't look too fake, otherwise the cripsy critters wouldn't wear them, right?

I also saw this new cosmetic lip gloss that leaves a layer of vinyl plastic on the lips when it dries. It looks smooth as liquid. Perhaps a painting of this on ones fingers would leave a smooth vinyl coating?

mrnoface
August 15th, 2003, 07:39 PM
super glue on your finger tips works great with a few coats.. obviously wont conceal your palms and side prints but its a great quick method..

- mnf

nbk2000
August 15th, 2003, 11:15 PM
And palm prints will get you busted just the same as a fingerprint. :rolleyes:

If it's not full hand coverage, than it's too iffy to chance it, thus superglue is out. Oh, and don't forget DNA too.

pangos_59
February 21st, 2004, 05:17 AM
And palm prints will get you busted just the same as a fingerprint. :rolleyes:

If it's not full hand coverage, than it's too iffy to chance it, thus superglue is out. Oh, and don't forget DNA too. Quoting on the DNA part Sandia Labs in the U.S. has been working on ways to extract DNA from sweat..
Also investigators could Luminol the remnants.

festergrump
February 26th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Just for the record: a home invasion scenario (burglary or B+E), I can tell you that in smaller towns in the US they don't just instantly dust for fingerprints if nobody was actually assaulted. This is something the homeowner must pay for out of pocket (believe it, it happened to me!) :mad: . DNA, wonder what that would cost a homeowner...

Were I so inclined to break into ANY facility, though, (be it a home or business) I would want some thing that would come off easily when I no longer needed the protection but not before.

NBK2000, will that Nu skin stuff rub off or flake off with a good bit of friction... say rubbing your hands together really hard? Me thinks I would choose that approach if it does for the simple reason that a pile of the rubbings or flakes probably would not do anyone much good even if they were discovered at a distant, remote location. :D

Arkangel
March 3rd, 2004, 12:41 PM
Nu skin peels off pretty easily, just like the pva glue stuff that you use in school. Mind you, it leaves a perfect negative image of your skin, so as you've intimated, you'd want to make sure that any such "image" was carefully destroyed.

nbk2000
March 3rd, 2004, 05:47 PM
Fortunately, as Nu-Skin is NC-based, it'll dissolve in all the usual NC solvents quite readily, prior to pouring into the sewer or loose earth.

It'd also be quite easy to rub it off using something abrasive. A small piece of pumice stone or sandstone would do the trick. :)