View Full Version : Optimising A TNP Detonation

Sonny Jim
September 3rd, 2003, 01:08 PM
Most of my experience with secondary HE's comes in the form of NG and AN comp dets. But I'm not well up on TNP at all. I knocked myself up a batch, and everything went well, but as far as actually detonating it is concerned an unfortunate dobt remains.

My main question is should I press it to a high density or not? I dont imagine much primary will be needed to detonate it, but advice there is welcome also.

Please don't tell me to make lead picrate, DDNP, ammonium picrate, etc. I am doing a synth for my site and want to have a straight TNP video to show people what it does. Cheers. SJ.

Chemical_burn
September 3rd, 2003, 06:08 PM
Hmm intresting I would recomend making videos of pressed TNP and just tamped TNP to show the difference in power and to show the diference in amout of primary needed to achieve full det.

TNP is a very good explosive I have used it twice before but never in large amounts as they were for booster about 20g each. They were unpressed. I used them for ANFO charges. Very nice and fun wish I took pics of the dets tho but didnt have a cam at the time.

I would love too see some pics and designs of TNP SC's and LSC as I think these would workd wonders for small SC's for locks and the like.

ok well thats my suggestion.

vulture
September 17th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Please don't tell me to make lead picrate, DDNP, ammonium picrate, etc. I am doing a synth for my site and want to have a straight TNP video to show people what it does. Cheers. SJ.

I'm not following you here. You say you need a primary, why not use a picrate salt then, as you'll only need a bit of TNP?