View Full Version : The Improvised Munitions Handbook, and a ftp question

justsomeguy
September 13th, 2003, 08:02 PM
The Improvised Munitions Handbook, also called "The CIA's Black Book of Dirty Tricks," etc. is undeniably one of the world's best weapons and explosives resources. It contains methods to create many explosives, and build about 10 guns from scratch, as well as amunitons, armor, and more. Unlike the anarchist's cookbook, and so many other explosive books this one doesnt contain dangeriously misleading or incorrect meterial. How do i know this? It was written, and field tested, by the US goverment. This book was origionally used as a field manual given to army members in Veitnam, etc.

I just uploaded the complete text version to http://clansolis.tripod.com/imh--FULL.txt.

I was wondering if anyone had a scanned/pdf version of this file, as having the actual sketmatics would be nice.

This also brings up another good question. Is there an official website/ftp that we can use for posting/finding large collections of material for this forum? I've done searches, and found a few minor ftps (most of which are down), but no refrence to an official one. It'd be really nice to have just one place where we can go and find downloadable versions of importaint material.

justsomeguy
September 13th, 2003, 08:07 PM
ofcourse i'd find the ftp right after saying it didnt exist.

For those of you that are confused like me check out
http://www.roguesci.org/theforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1491&highlight=ftp

The other question about the pdf file still stands though, any help please?

nbk2000
September 13th, 2003, 11:20 PM
Read the following from the rules about editing your posts:

2. You've posted something when you realize that you've got a link to the absolute authority on the subject, and must share it with everyone else, so that they can sing your praises. Your new post is only one line, and your previous post is only 5 minutes old, but why bother editing it? BZZZZ! WRONG!

Can you tell me where you fucked up?

And newbies posting somewhere other than the water cooler risk execution for stupid mistakes, like yours. :)

And the black books are sadly inadequate, even with illustrations, since they were intended to be used by SOF soldiers who'd already had years of training and practice in handling explosives, not 13 year olds with a pyro fetish.

justsomeguy
September 14th, 2003, 01:55 AM
Oops, didnt see that rule, im sorry i violated it.

However, i would have to disagree with you on the point of the black books. As you say, they are inadaquate for "13 year olds with a pyro fetish." I dont know about you, but i wouldnt want a 13 year old who was compadent enough to manafacture heavy explosives. That being said, a little maturity and experience does wonders to the book. The idea was to be able to create weapons from virtually any supplys that could be found in a war zone. While they're not meant for thirdgraders, the books are written in complete laymen's terms. There is no talk of advanced chemestry, no balancing of equations, or special flasks required. For the most part all you need to understand is ratios, a concept taught in 4th grade. Also, milatary training for the common soilder differs a far cry from a masters in chemistry.

And newbies posting somewhere other than the water cooler risk execution for stupid mistakes, like yours.

Well, as admin that is your choice to make. If you think i'm being offencive then you have every right to ban me--it is your job to do so. However, creating an enviroment where people can loose their freedom of speach for superflious transgressions is rather facist. It defeats the very core idea that this forum is trying (in my understanding) to perpetuate--free conmunication. The idea is to keep the information freely flowing the the uneducated public, correct? I fail to see how kicking out people for petty reasons furthers this goal. It would seem to deter it to me.

In the end it's your choice, what type of comunity do you want this to be?

nbk2000
September 14th, 2003, 03:14 AM
You say:

However, creating an enviroment where people can loose their freedom of speach for superflious transgressions is rather facist. It defeats the very core idea that this forum is trying (in my understanding) to perpetuate--free conmunication. The idea is to keep the information freely flowing the the uneducated public, correct? I fail to see how kicking out people for petty reasons furthers this goal. It would seem to deter it to me.

I say (from the Rules that you're obviously not reading):

We're actually a very loose and mellow collection of people who just happen to have discovered that an enlightened dictatorship, with totalitarian enforcementof certain rules , leads to the most conducive conditions for the uninhibited discussion and freedom of speech of a subject matter often reduced (on other sites) to the lowest common denominator of 12 year old pimply faced $k8t3r p(_)|\|kZ who wish to impress their equally "fearsome" 12 year punk friends with tales of having made c-4 from peanut butter and Drain-O crystals.

Also, your grammer is atrocious, leading me to believe you're a 13 year old yourself. :)