View Full Version : Exploding Jawbreaker

Bert
September 18th, 2003, 01:07 AM
Found this on Daily Rotten News (http://http://www.rotten.com/news/) .

Jawbreaker Candy Explodes, Burns Fla. Girl's Face (http://www.local6.com/news/2491417/detail.html)

"I can't say if it's a product defect or if it's tampering at this point in time," Bradford County sheriff's Lt. Kenneth Hinds told WJXT-TV. There was also some speculation that the candy was left in the sun, the liquid inside was boiling or had some chemical reaction.

B.S. The pictures of this kids face and the nature of a jawbreaker candy make
that very unlikely. Some asshole loaded a piece of candy with a primary and
put it back in the bin, at a guess.

I know some of you all had discussed doing similar things to some people who
beat down a board member. But this is apparently random. If some dumbass
k3wI did this, I hope he gets some instant karma next time he mixes.

nbk2000
September 18th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Considering how the candy is still mostly intact (going by picture), I'd think it a steam explosion. The burns are consistant with a steam scald, not an explosion.

If it was an explosion powerful enough to burn her face that badly, it'd have removed her hand as well.

Besides, who cares? It's a niglet, so it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Hopefully the scarring will make her too repulsive to her fellow apes for her to breed. :)

Though it does raise an interesting question of how one would go about making exploding (literal) jawbreakers.

Cast a ball out of nipolit with a small hole which is filled with a primary and topped with a small piece of sodium. Coat with a colorful candy shell, and cellophane wrap, prior to emplacement where ankle-biters congregate. Brat unwraps, starts sucking, shell dissolves, sodium ignites, and BOOM...one less brat in the world!

Random is best. Makes it near impossible to trace back, since the motive is simple terror, rather than any kind of tangible objective.

Bert
September 18th, 2003, 05:33 AM
I've made candy. And I've got a boiler operators license.
I've got some sense of how both sugar and steam behave-

I don't know what jawbreakers are made out of in GA, but
up here they're hard candy. Dry hard candy. So I don't
understand how it would be harboring water for a steam
explosion in the first place.

Any container of superheated water ready to flash to steam
and make an explosion is going to be hot. Even a good
insulator such as porcelain, filled with a saturated and super
heated sugar syrup would be too hot to hold in your hand,
especially if the heat had been applied from the OUTSIDE.
So how was this kid holding something that hot? Did her
mom MICROWAVE it and give it to her?!

Maybe it WASN'T a detonating compound, I agree that
the piece shown was kind of big. (And what kind of explosive
investigator leaves that big a piece of evidence lying at the
scene, anyhow?!)

(Kid drops jawbreaker on ground. Mom knows that heat will
sterilize those bad old germs! Mom microwaves jawbreaker...
Hands it back to kiddy. Blam!!!)

A-BOMB
September 18th, 2003, 09:44 AM
They will probably try to ban jarbreakers now, I got a better idea lets ban niggers! I mean there the only species of Ape that is that stupid I mean my dog has more brains than all of them combined. I bet it was them putting it in the microwave(bet they'll try to ban those too, too much fun) Or it could of been tampering if some one injected a liquid that boils at or just above room temp(70*ish) then when put in the mouth/hand/left in the sun(98.6*ish) the liquid boils and boom. :D