View Full Version : Gun Parts Online?

mrnoface
September 18th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I understand this isn't a very scientific question, however it my aid some of our rather clandestine friends in their quest for victory against a foe. What is the deal with ordering gun parts kits online? I have no experiance with these kits and I assume they require some welding skills and equipment. But other then that wouldn't this be an easy way to arm yourself anonymously? However I have looked around and am very suspicious of many of these so called "kit vendors" online. Perhaps some of you have had better luck and experiance they care to share with the rest of us?

- mnf

A-BOMB
September 18th, 2003, 04:03 PM
www.e-gunparts.com has the most stuff and www.tapco.com has some stens and other kits and check out ohio ordance they usually have a lot of kits and stuff. Then search of the web for the phone for Et Cetera inc they are up till there armpits in kits, but have no website. so you'll have to find there telephone number or go to Bordens or Barnes&Nobles and find a copy of Shotgun News they usually have a ad in there.

TreverSlyFox
September 19th, 2003, 07:15 AM
Gun kits are a great way to aquire that "Off Paper" weapon. Since there's no receiver (the part that is actually clasified by the BATF as the "gun") it's not a "gun" so there's no yellow sheet (BATF form 4473). BUT, and there's always a but. Where do you get a receiver for that kit? Well if your mechanicaly inclined you can purchase an 80% receiver, finish it (some are no more complicated than drilling a few holes) and put it togeather with the parts from your kit and you have a weapon. Since the 80% receiver isn't a "finished" receiver it isn't a "gun" there's no paper work on it.

BUT, here's that but again. The company that sold you that kit or 80% receiver or receiver parts has you on their "customer list" and some have just turned over their "List" to the Feds just for the asking, No Warrent/Court order, the Feds said "we want it" and the company said "Ok, here it is."

Example: FAC sold replacement barrels for the 9X18mm Makarov pistole. A Federal prosecuter was shot and killed with a Mak and the FBI weapons lab said the ballistics were from a Mak with an FAC replacement barrel. Feds went to FAC and said give us your "customer list" who you sold Mak 9X18mm barrels to up until such and such a date. FAC turned their "customer list" over without batting an eye, no warrent, no court order. So for the past year all those customers have been getting visits from the FEDs and "STRONG" (read as threats) requests were made for the barrel so it could be tested.

If your going this route buy your kit at a gun show or friendly gun dealer (no name, no list, cash talks bullshit walks) same with the 80% receiver or receiver parts. The AK-47 and Sten MK II & III 9mm Sub-gun is perfect for an off the paper weapon. The receivers are made of common materials and easily found. The Sten only requires about and 18" length of 1 1/2" DOM tubing for the receiver and the AK-47 receiver can be made from sheet metal and screwed, riveted or welded togeather. Plenty of info on the web to complete both in a matter of several days work.

Hand gun 80% receivers and kits are out there from the standard 1911 .45 to a Sig 226. There are also raw castings receivers out there but require a mill or a damn good drill press with a slide table for many weapons.

I've seen raw castings, 80% receivers or receiver kits for 1911 .45, Sig 220 & 226, FN-FAL , Sten MK II & III, PpSh, UZI, MP-40, VZ61 "Skorpion, Beretta M-12, Mas 49/59, MP5/SW5/HK94, AR15/M16, Vz-58, MG-34/40, Browning 1919A4, Sterling MK IV, Galil, MG-15 Watercooled, G3/HK91, CTEME and Thompson 1927 A-1 and M-1.

Any one of these should float your boat and rock your world.

parmin
September 19th, 2003, 11:00 PM
I found that generally you can buy any part of a gun from any of net gun stores, except for the receiver or body frame. It is the only part that you have to have a license to get. One mail order company that came to mind is Marstar or www.marstar.ca sells everything you need for a gun. But if you want a frame you must produce paperwork to show that you are indeed allowed to buy them. :(

So, anyone have a CNC mill or metal casting setup? Lets make frame :)

nbk2000
September 20th, 2003, 01:49 AM
That's where RTPB's "T NO" and "Plan for Failure" come into play.

You must assume that anyone selling dodgy kits is going to roll over on their customers, after all, what's their motivation to be silent? None. They've already gotten their money from you, so they could care less.

Pay for it with a money order, bought by a wino you payed to do so, so there's no prints or DNA on it. Same for the envelope. Have it delivered to an empty house, with the delivery tag checked off for drop-off delivery.

I wonder if it'd be possible to replicate a weapon receiver by building up layers of resin-impregnated paper? Imagine if you had a CAD drawing of the receiver, and cut a receiver into hundreds of slices (running lenthgwise), and printed out the slices at actually size.

Cut out the slices, coat with some epoxy-resin, and stack one upon the other, to build up a fiber-reinforced reciever. :) Being all paper, it'd be easy to smuggle it in, and the parts could come in one at a time in various ways without detection.

I don't know how well it'd hold up,but it'd only have to last for a couple of shots, right? After all, you'd either being using it to get a better weapon (ala WWII "Liberator"), or be disposing of it after a crime, so why waste money on an expensive gun when you can assemble it from cheap "kits" as needed?

Sheet metal would obviously work better than paper, and would be easy to dissassemble to scatter to the four winds. I've seen CNC plasma cutters for sheetmetal working advertised in the back of Popular Mechanics, and they're less than $1K. If you could build receivers for various weapons from simple sheetmetal stock, that'd greatly complicate police efforts at tracking them down, since they don't exist except for a few hours/days before use. Prior to that, it's just a box of parts and a stack of sheetmetal. ;)

With sheetmetal, you could make laminates out of steel and magnesium, which would be pyrotechnic. Do the job, light the igniter, and watch the gun burn to slag. :p