View Full Version : I need some feedback

THErAPIST
September 21st, 2003, 03:33 AM
I have completed the intro for the new forum video and I need some feedback. Tell me what you think of it, what should be changed, what should be added, if I should just get rid of it all together... It is a 7.84 MB download but if you simply click "open" then I guess you don't exactly have to worry about taking up the 8 megs on your hard drive. Anyway, any feedback that I can get would be appreciated.
ALSO I'd like to ask if anyone has a problem with the Deftones. I'm thinking about using the song "My own summer" in the video. I know many forumites like techno and many like harder music like that heard in the last video... I'm just having trouble finding a cross between the two kinds of music. If anyone can suggest some techno-ish metal kind of stuff it would be helpful.

The intro can be found here (http://experi-mental.org/videos/intro.avi)

chemwarrior
September 21st, 2003, 04:36 AM
All I can say is- WOW. its quite amazing. I, personally, like it the way it is. I dont think you should change ANY of it. It is all perfectly suiting. As for some music for it, the song Feuer Frei! comes to mind. Its sorta techno/ heavy metal, and would be perfect for a pyro video.

Also, on a side note, where did you learn to do that??? That is really amazing work:) GREAT job!!

DBSP
September 21st, 2003, 04:54 AM
I totally agree!!!, it's perfect. No need to change any of it.

And I must repeat the question about where you learned that?

Can't wait to see the actual video :)

irish
September 21st, 2003, 05:10 AM
Just perfect I think, very well done.

THErAPIST
September 21st, 2003, 05:12 AM
www.particleillusion.com

go to the downloads page and download particle illusion 2.0 se or if you can find a working crack, go download particle illusion 3.0 demo

Its a special effects program that I've been messing around with for a few weeks now. The programs were used to make the special effects in all sorts of movies.

quoted from the particle illusion website... "particleIllusion has been used in many feature films including: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Final Destination II, Just Married, Biker Boyz, Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever, Ghost Ship, Hart's War, Rollerball, Behind Enemy Lines, The Core, The Italian Job, and Torque. "

I had a sound file in there with the intro clip but it jumped the clip from 8 MB to 22MB so I took it off... how the hell a small sound clip added that much to the size I''ll never know... The soundclip's nothing to miss though. Its pretty much just me saying thanks and then telling an imaginary K3Wl not to mix something, then you hear the bleat of a lamb being torchered and then you hear an explosion (it all went along with the video clip). Nothing to miss though.

zeocrash
September 21st, 2003, 06:29 AM
bloody hell, you ever thought of going for a job in the media industry.
hmm music, how about seek and destroy by metallica, or burn it up by offspring

mongo blongo
September 21st, 2003, 03:12 PM
Very cool!!
Originally posted by THErAPIST
I'm just having trouble finding a cross between the two kinds of music. If anyone can suggest some techno-ish metal kind of stuff it would be helpful.

My band just happens to be a techno-ish metal kind of music. Very heavy metal with industrial/jungle shit going on. It's good shit done in a proper studio on a full-on Pro-tools setup. Might be what you are looking for. Then it could be a 100% Forum grown vid. :D

megalomania
September 21st, 2003, 03:19 PM
If I was doing it, and this is entirely up to you though, I would cut out the beginning stuff until about 2 seconds before the rocket smoke trail part. Unless of course that stuff doesn’t add too much to the file size. Next, personally, I would like to see the rogue science logo clearly visible at least once, either before it starts spinning or after the final grand explosion. I had trouble making out the words, fortunately I already know what it said, but other people may not get it. Other than my personal caveats it was very nice, quite professional throughout.

THErAPIST
September 21st, 2003, 03:58 PM
Hey mongo... I kinda like the idea of having a fully forum grown video. if at all possible pick out a good hard-core-ish song that has a techno twist and email it to me. A song thats about 2 minutes or possibly 3 minutes would work best.

The intro smoke trails and stuff can be changed but they dont add much to the file... most of the files' weight comes from the explosion and the sparks. I'll edit it a bit and up it again later. Glad you guys like it :D

Oh yea... just thought I'd tell ya... the smoke looking trail that comes up right before the roguesci logo goes across the screen... Those are faces not moke :eek:

mongo blongo
September 22nd, 2003, 01:37 PM
Ok dude. I am going down the studio later so I will pick up the latest re-mastered versions. I am thinking of two songs which would be good for this. One is called "Eradicate Desolate" which vocal wise would be best but another song called "Dogshit" is a better song and more of a cross between the metal and electronic sound. Anyways I will encode it into an mp3 and e mail it to you when I get back.