View Full Version : Looking for Windows 3.1

A-BOMB
September 27th, 2003, 05:05 PM
I'm looking for a copy of windows 3.1 if anyone can help me. I would thank-you except I'm in a bit of a rush I need it with a couple of hours (3-4hours) because I have to install windows 98 on a bunch of laptops I have but I only have the ungrade version of win98 and need a copy of 3.1 or 95 to install it and since 95 is a bit big to download so 3.1 is my only choice But I only have today and early sunday as I have a HD adapter that allows me use my laptop HD in my desktop so I can use my desktops CD drive to install software. But I only have the adapter till early sunday. Thanks

A-BOMB
September 27th, 2003, 06:52 PM
Or if anyone tell me of a crack that gets around the "Upgrade Compliance Check" were the window installer askes for your old windows disk or the path on your hard drive to the previos version of windows.

IDTB
September 28th, 2003, 12:39 AM
I don't believe you could use a crack to bypass that. I personally always have the full installation discs, but I would think the upgrade installation only provides enough of the operating system to convert a lesser version of itself.

I'd recommend getting a hold of Win 98SE(instead of Win98) by finding it on the popular file sharing applications. Once in awhile you'll get a currupt ISO, but usually they're good for that kind of stuff.

Sorry if I'm too late to help. I'm not sure what timezone you're in.

nbk2000
September 28th, 2003, 01:23 AM
I could've e-mailed it to you if I hadn't worked today. :(

Sparky
September 28th, 2003, 01:30 AM
I hopefully I'm in time. I had the floppies stashed away so I copied them to my hard drive and made a zip. Norton antivirus told me that it 'repaired' mdx.exe and expand.exe so I hope you don't have trouble with those.

http://pyropage.cyberarmy.ca/Win3.1.zip

How's that for service :D . I hope it works.

Jarod888
September 28th, 2003, 02:23 AM
I have a full version of 98 if you need it. Give me a place to send it.

A-BOMB
September 28th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Thanks Sparky, It worked great. Now I can finally get these laptops working. I just hope larry won't make me pay for keeping his HD adapter a day longer.

Jarod888
September 29th, 2003, 01:00 AM
here is a link for 98 2nd edition

f*p://64.23.18.163/011123456p/%f/Scanned_by_helmutblum_for_KKB/mkd/killer/upped_for_KKB/lost/post/%f/Win98 Second Edition/

getting around 150k a second

A-BOMB
September 29th, 2003, 10:52 AM
Thanks jarod, but since I got the copy of 3.1, I was able to install my upgrade copy of 98se on all the laptops.