View Full Version : how I got REAL detos cases

pdb
October 8th, 2003, 01:24 PM
I post my story inorder to give some of us ideas on how to get so-said "impossible to get" stuff.

In the deto making process, which of course is the key to the wonderful world of HE, one obstacle lies in getting appropriate canisters. You can try lots of things resembling a real deto case with various success; nothing to me is fully satisfactory but a REAL deto case.

Some years ago, I sent an order to a Davey-Bickford deto factory using my company letterhead, which said that being involved in the conception of a freight handling warehouse, I was looking for empty deto cases in order to figurate in a mock-up I was building the rollers you routinely find on systems that move airline pallets... Do you follow me ?

And it WORKED ! Some days after, I received 500 Al cases (45mm long, 7mm ID) and 500 Cu cases (50mm long, 7mm ID). I had ordered the two kinds inorder to be able to use Hg(ONC)2 in the Cu cases, and Pb(N3)2 in the Al ones.

Since that time, I have made over 150 detos, using mostly the Al cases...

This shows that HE passion requires lot of imagination to reach your goals. But I'm sure it is the case of all the serious people on this forum.

Cricket
October 8th, 2003, 05:37 PM
Haha, good job! I love when people get cleaver and do something new. In the near future, I plan to buy something called a "blast simulator". I don't know exactly what it is or what it looks like, but it is used by the US military to simulate a blast I guess. The guy said "I don't know whats in it, but I hooked it up to my car battery and it will make shit fly into the air". My goodness, what a technical scale for rating stuff. If it makes something FLY into the AIR, it has to be badass! I just want the detonater and what ever is around it. I have no idea what it is, but maybe flash or more probably a military HE of some sort. It's on the black market I know, but maybe someone in desperate need of a high quality detonator could go to their local black market and do some browsing. Later.

nbk2000
October 8th, 2003, 08:43 PM
A variation of the "Sample Scam". :) But this was pre 9/11 too, so it probably wouldn't work now. :(

Cricket, those "grenades" are likely inert trainers. IF they're live grenades, I'd suggest removing any mention of your intent to buy them 'cause we all know the feds are reading this place, and may decide to pay you a visit after you so carelessly announce your aquisition of them. :rolleyes:

Cyclonite
October 9th, 2003, 04:02 AM
A blast simulator is just like a big M-80 with a bright flash, they drop it in a 55gal can at night and its supposed to simulate a nuke. Its kinda cool but pretty stupid for a nuke

Cricket
October 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Haha, a nuke?!? I can't help but scratch my head and laugh at that. Them fuckin wierdo's. They might as well lay down their M16's and get some bubble blowers if they are gonna train like that. Anyway, thanks!

Haggis
October 9th, 2003, 06:46 PM
I believe they are used to train the soldiers to instinctively drop and cover away from the blast epicenter, rather than simulating an actual nuclear weapon for tactical purposes. This training would be done at night to take advantage of the bright flash that would be lost in the daylight.

Cyclonite
October 10th, 2003, 06:55 AM
That’s what I was getting at, im currently in the U.S Army and have done the training. Its bullshit as with most stuff in the Army. I wanted to nab a couple of those and some CS canisters since we were in the woods doing a FTX. I succeeded in the CS. What great fun to gas soldiers in the night then everyone gos apeshit over who let the CS off.