View Full Version : Intresting Homemade Weapon pics...

Drayen
October 14th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Just curious to see what toys everyone out there has that they can proudly say they made themselves.
I'm not too sure about authorities and using this site as an excuse for a raid, so post pics at your own descretion.
There should be no problem with any authority about posting pictures of decorative knives or swords that you made yourself though.

link to pic (http://members.shaw.ca/kickass-chris/pics/JhonnyKnifeFinished.jpg)

The total length from blade-tip to the butt of the handle is 15" with the blades being 10" each and the handle being 5".
I TIG welded this out of a piece of stainless steel pipe that I had to flatten out into a sheet.
It took a hellofa lot of clamping, heating with a rosebud tip on an oxytorch, and bending with a combination of metal tongs and a hammer to finally end up with a flat-ish piece of stainless steel that I then cut with a plasma arc cutter, TIG'd together, and buffed up with a fine grit 5" flapper(sandpaper) disk.
I don't know how many times I had to resharpen that damm tungston, but I enjoyed TIGing this piece and think it's welded fairly decently for my first time actually using this welding method.
This is also my first decorative/home-security piece that I made, and I'm quite proud to show this off to everyone.

linked the picture instead/DBSP

knowledgehungry
October 14th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Post links to pictures as such large pictures take up loads of bandwidth. I'm also not sure what the point of that weapon is, to look cool? It seems very impractical to me. Also 1st post new topic :rolleyes:. I find it pointless to build improvised knivs, as you can buy high quality knives anywhere. I do want a nice switch blade though.

kvitekrist
October 14th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Made this small axe recently: here (http://home.no/kvitekrist/stasj/%f8ks.jpg)
And made this simple .22 a few years ago: here (http://home.no/kvitekrist/stasj/p1.jpg)

Drayen
October 15th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by knowledgehungry
Post links to pictures as such large pictures take up loads of bandwidth. I'm also not sure what the point of that weapon is, to look cool? It seems very impractical to me.

oops, my bad about the pic.

the stainless steel blades could be sharpened with a grinder and then honed to a fine edge to make something that would leave quite the mess behind.
or just pulling this out on someone would defidently have an effect if they believe you're intent on using it.

the whole point of my post is just to see what intresting ideas others have come up with, and to share one that i'm quite proud to have made with my own hands.

btw....
Also 1st post new topic :rolleyes:.
oooooooooo,
not a newbie posting a new topic
:rolleyes:

BrAiNFeVeR
October 15th, 2003, 04:59 AM
oooooooooo,
not a newbie posting a new topic
:rolleyes:

Oooh, look !! :eek: a newbie with an attitude :p
The average life expectancy of those is rather low, especially if they don't read the rules.

Look at this rare and about to be extinct animal my fellow forumites :D

EDIT:
About the blade ... do you really expect to get trough a descent layer of clothes with that?

Even if you do, you would need excessive force (compared to a regular stabbing knife) and thus getting you tired faster, giving less accuracy etc.

On the upside, it probably DOES have the scare effect to people who think you can actually kill them easily with that.

A-BOMB
October 15th, 2003, 09:53 AM
I think that would be more of a chop/slash weapon, you could easily break someones colar bone with that in a downward swing. And I looked at the rest of the pic you had on you site and I can only say is fucking gay ass panzy bitch.

Kid Orgo
October 15th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Could you please leave the warnings to the mods? It just creates friction between the established members of this board, and the new people that could be useful productive members, denying the forum new talent. People seem to keep jumping to the conclusion that anyone with a low post count has nothing useful to contribute. Whether or not this thread has merit, I leave that to the mods. It's not my place to judge, or yours.

And please don't bother "ooh noob"ing me over this, I'm making a respectful request.

On Topic: That weapon looks more like a poleaxe or something. Mount that fucker on a toilet-plunger handle, and chop away. As a stabbing weapon, i think you'd be better off with something narrower.