View Full Version : How did you come up with your forum name?

blindreeper
October 14th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Exactly as the sunject line states. How did you come up with your forum name? Mine is from the blind skate boards mascot. They spell it blindreaper, but if you ever searched for blindreaper you'd gte skating stuff so I spelt it blindreeper.

knowledgehungry
October 14th, 2003, 08:18 AM
My name is fairly self explanatory. I want knowledge. I want to know everything!

grendel23
October 14th, 2003, 08:57 AM
I started using grendel on a BBS back in about 92 or 93 and have stuck with it since.
Grendel is, as I am sure most of you are aware, the monster in the epic poem Beowulf. I am of Norwegian ancestry, so that appealed to me.

Mumble
October 14th, 2003, 09:34 AM
I have a regular tendancy to slur my words together and speak very quickly. Its not usually much of a problem, but I have a feeling some people here just don't have appropriate listening capabilities. People need to learn how to listen faster. One of my friends actually made up this name, a few years ago, and it's just stuck. Mumbles is my more complete moniker acutally but I had to change it slightly to register.

aikon
October 14th, 2003, 11:11 AM
i was sitting in front of the screen and looked at my nokia mobile phone. i read the name from the end to the beginning and that's it.

Pyroboy
October 14th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I've been on this forum since I was about 15 (I think). I'm now 19... damn it couldn't have been that long could it? Anyway, back in those days a lot of what I was doing was pyro related and my friends already called me pyro so I thought I'd go for Pyroboy as I already knew of a Pyroman. I think it has kind of a nice ring to it. It may seem a little strange though if I'm still here when I'm 30 lol

Arkangel
October 14th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Can't remember what made me think of it, but when I registered, the allied convoys through the Arctic to Arkhangel (http://www.arkhangelsk.org/fall_2001.htm) in WW2 were on my mind. I think I tried to register as that, but it screwed up, so I changed it to what it is. It has nothing to do with god or the Arkangel Gabriel etc

Sir Dudalot
October 14th, 2003, 02:11 PM
My older brother used to call me Sir Dudalot (note: it's supposed to sound like dude, not dud...mom would always make fun of me). The title was, "Sir Dudalot, Swinginest Cat in the Realm." I couldn't come up with anything else so I just used that.

Kid Orgo
October 14th, 2003, 02:31 PM
I'm a chem major, probably specializing in some sort of organic chem. If any of you have ever read Mona Lisa Overdrive by William Gibson, there's a character called Kid Afrika in it. I figured I could easily be Kid Orgo.

nitric63
October 14th, 2003, 05:38 PM
Nitric as in nitric acid, and 63 because 63g is the weight of one mole of nitric acid.

Tuatara
October 14th, 2003, 06:41 PM
I wanted something uniquely representative of my country. The tuatara is a reptile found only in New Zealand, and is the nearest living relative to the dinosaurs - being pretty much unchanged for the last 20 million years or so.

And I like reptiles, and frogs and the like.

Have you noticed that most of the kewls that turn up here pick really kewlish names? Its so bad you can predict a banning just from the name!

DBSP
October 14th, 2003, 07:14 PM
In the begining of my pyro career DBSP was my favourite explosive, therefore DBSP was the name I picked when I registered.

IDTB
October 14th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I've had a handle for my programming and hacking, but even though that part of me isn't appearing as much it's sticking.

It's awkward when your friends of longtime forget your real name because they're so used to referring to you by your nickname..

I must say, I'm surprised on how origional most of these are. I believe names alone may speak alittle about us. ;)

Skean Dhu
October 14th, 2003, 09:54 PM
While reading a book by Terry Brooks( The Druid of Shanara if memory serves correctly) , one of the characters used a weapon called a skean dhu, the name caught my interest and I later found that it's a scottish knife . The name literally means black knife, this may refer to the coloring of the handle or it may refer to its hidden nature and original useage as a last ditch defense weapon.

having a great interest in the 'days of olde' and being slightly hidden/shady myself I thought it only fitting

0EZ0
October 14th, 2003, 10:11 PM
I don't really have one answer for what my nick really means. I probably should have chosen a different nick, as it is easy to misinterpret it's meaning/origin, but I don't want to re-register under a new name.

It's funny to see people try to type my nick up. It usually ends up as OEZO which is not entirely correct. While I was in the process of registering, a shortcut on my start bar quoted the name EZ. I have had people mis-quote my nick as Ouzo. Coincidently while studying Latin and Greek culture I came across the word Oezo(pronounced oozo), It's a licorice flavoured Greek booze. If you can work it out, 0230 also just happens to be a number of importance to me.

So there you go. How many of you thought my nick was just some sort of kewlish babble? Or more importantly, who still does think that;)?

EP
October 14th, 2003, 11:25 PM
EP is the acronym for my site, somewhat kewlishly named "Extreme Pyro". I now have this on my site:

Extreme* Pyro

* To be perfectly honest, it's not all that "extreme", it's just the best name I could come up with at the time...

T_Pyro
October 14th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Pyrotechnics is a hobby to me. Hence the latter part of the name. However, as it's a very unimaginative one, lots of others have already tried it before. Hence, the prefix "t-" Actually, the "T" should have been small, coz' I got the idea from "t-alkyl- ...", as in "tert- ", but the capital looks better... I think ;)

chokingvictim78
October 15th, 2003, 01:04 AM
I use one of three monikers on all of my 'net accounts. Punkrockerguy789 (AIM, several years old, it stuck, since I'm too lazy to transer the tons and tons of screen names from one buddy list to a new one), Leftovercrack789, and Chokingvictim789. 789 is just easy to type. I don't recall why there isn't a 9 in this one.

A-BOMB
October 15th, 2003, 01:11 AM
I got A-BOMB because it is small but big and its just fun, Plus if up see A-BOMB written on the walls of a mens restroom, park bench, large random rock in a state forest, a railroad car, or on a a note stuffed behind a fuel port of a XB-70 or X-15 (this should be easy therese only one XB-70 left), in the cheyenne mountain factcility, or on about 87 bomb casing(no HE just casings) that were on a this railroad car, or on the chamber of a atomic cannon I was there.

Ahriman
October 15th, 2003, 04:53 AM
I got mine from a book from one of my favourite authors, Dean Koontz. Its in his book False Memories, where there is a shrink called Mark Ahriman. Well, my first name being Mark, and my parents being ministers in a church, I chose the nick Ahriman, and I use it for everything, pretty much. My parents found out what Ahriman means, and they're pretty pissed, but they cant do sh*t.
Most of my friends call me Ahriman, anyway, and in a few more years, I probably will have forgotten my real name :P
Edit: spelling

metafractal
October 15th, 2003, 08:03 AM
I have a spiritual connection with the concept of a fractal... a shape that has infinite detail, the detail being itself. If you look, you'll notice that fractals are the fabric of the universe.
The prefix meta- has always fascinated me. It is usually described as meaning above; beyond. However this does not encapsulate what it actually means. It implies that it is on an entirely different and deeper level than the subject, that it stares back at the subject in full understanding, controllign the subject. For example, a metasyntax is syntax for specifying syntax,
metalanguage is a language used to discuss language, meta-data is data about data, and meta-reasoning is reasoning about reasoning.

Metafractal flows well off the tongue. It implies that whatever the grandure of a fractal, I am greater, more mystical, more powerful - the very essence of the universe.
Abstract, I know.

blindreeper
October 15th, 2003, 08:10 AM
That was deep :p

scarletmanuka
October 15th, 2003, 08:15 AM
If any of you read footrot flats, the protagonist dog calls himself by a long list of names:
>>The grey ghost
>>the scarlet pimpernel
>>the crimson manuka
my name is a mix-up of the last two.
PS. To this day no-one knows the real name of the dog...

frogfot
October 15th, 2003, 04:55 PM
It all beginned when I applyed for an account at hotmail.. since frogfoot was taken (Su-25) I sacrificed one o

I would rather choose frog, but it's always taken everywhere.. but then again, I got attached to this nick.. probably gonna have it till I loose the internet connection.

Arkangel
October 15th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Nice one Metafractal, I'm a something of a fractal enthusiast myself.

Frogfot, I ALWAYS wondered if it was anything to do with the SU25!

thrall
October 15th, 2003, 07:25 PM
I got my name thrall because I like to enslave.(I mean the verb because this noun means "one who is enslaved").
Originally posted by Ahriman
I got mine from a book from one of my favourite authors, Dean Koontz. Its in his book False Memories, where there is a shrink called Mark Ahriman. Well, my first name being Mark, and my parents being ministers in a church, I chose the nick Ahriman.
By the way Ahriman is like Satan in Parsi(ancient persia's) religion.Though he is far more powerful than Satan.

Ahriman
October 15th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Yeah, that's why my parents are pissed at my nick, they are always trying to get me to change it. (I did a website for their church, and signed it at the bottom as "Made by Ahriman'. They weren't impressed ;) )

Jumala
October 15th, 2003, 08:04 PM
I took my username out of a tourist information sheet from mikkeli, a city of finland.
I looked for a simple, easy to memorize word. The most words of the finnish langage are long and complicated and the most people in the world cannot understand them, also me.
So I took Jumala. Since IPN told me the meaning I know I´ve done the right choise.:D :D

grammarless
October 16th, 2003, 12:07 AM
When I was deciding on a password I looked over at a shelf and saw a grammar book called
"A Grammar book For You And I", and I was like that looks right, but then I noticed that in red I was crossed out and "oops, me!" was written in. I felt like an idiot so that is how I came up with grammarless. Wow, that is really nerdy. Sorry to bore you all.

blindreeper
October 16th, 2003, 02:58 AM
scarletmanuka, footrot flats are the bomb! The dog accually does call himself "The Scarletmanuka" at one stage. And I think in the footrot flats video the dogs name is mentioned...

nzrockets
October 16th, 2003, 06:01 AM
mine is: NZ for New Zealand and rockets because i am really into rocketry, its also the name of my web site

Leadazide
October 16th, 2003, 09:30 AM
During a demolition course in the army i learned that leadazide was the component in the detonators we used. First I used the danish name "blyazid" but quickly changed to leadazide since blyazid lacked a bit of Zang in the internationel side.

Chade
October 17th, 2003, 12:38 AM
There's a series of books by an author called Robin Hobb, the Farseer trilogy and the Tawny Man trilogy feature a character called Chade Fallstar. He's the bastard son of one of the royal family, and, as those sort of guys have to be either kept busy or killed, he's made into the royal assassin. When the books start he's almost a legend, and no-one knows he exists. His spy network operates across the land, is extremely experienced in assasination techniques, and he dabbles in making pyrotechnic compositions in his spare time. In the first book, he's training the protagonist (another royal bastard) to be an assassin too.

Basically he's massively cool and fascinatingly Machiavellian. Plus the name seemed appropriate for this forum.

nesler
October 17th, 2003, 01:55 AM
When I was applying for a hotmail account a long time ago, Ellie Nesler popped into my head--I thought what she did was pretty damn ballsy--so I took her last name.

bobo
October 17th, 2003, 06:10 AM
I take a name with 'bob' in it all the time. This originates from when I was 15 or so and started to take telephone calls answering in a slurry voice 'bob speaking' or crap like that. This habit has not stuck, but I still use the name Bob to identify myself when I don't want my real name known. Lying about your identity becomes easier if you learn to think of yourself sometimes as another person. Over the years, Bob became something of an alter ego of mine, like a dark twin, the one that does the things I'd like to do but don't. Controlled schizofrenia induced by a strong mind:)

NoltaiR
October 17th, 2003, 11:43 AM
I picked my name because it is a derivitive of my last name and when I was 14 (now 18) and just getting into website developement, I thought this would be a cool name, although that that I am older I think its kinda dorky :(

I have made quite a few sites in my day... most of which have burned in flames and no longer exist but a few incomplete projects still exist in the depths of free internet space as far as I know including my very unfinished Energetic Materials Catalogue 2002 which I had such high hopes for!!!! Oh wait I just checked the site and it looks like not only did they deactivate it because I hadn't updated it in so long but its not even there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I don't think I have backups of the site either!!!!!!! Well this is certainly going to be a disappointing day.. so much work went into what I did have.

Well now having that said and found out I guess I will sum up this rather eye-opening reply with saying that aikon, I would have never guessed that was nokia backwards :P

Unknown
October 17th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I couldn't think of a name no matter how long I sat in front of the screen! So I thought about when I was in the Army at the end of boot camp one of my Drill Seargeants approached me and asked me who I was after being in his company for 13 weeks. And pretty much everywhere I go I remain anonymous /Unknown and kind of "blend in" like the furniture. I sound like some introverted psyco, but i'm not, I just like to kick back and contemplate.

THErAPIST
October 20th, 2003, 02:27 AM
M dad pointed out to me one day (about 6 years ago) that it was kind of odd that if you put the words The and Rapist together, you get therapist which is someone a person who got raped would go see. I found this slightly homorous so I decided to use the name THErAPIST when playing counter-strike when it had just came out in the first beta stages. I was pretty good at the game then and someone had once told me in-game that my name suited me well since I kept "raping" the people on the other team. The main reason I use this name is because I think its funny but it stuck a little better because of a game.... sad isnt it? I really suck at CS now though since I berely ever play

grandyOse
October 20th, 2003, 07:40 PM
I was trying to think of a good name, and it occurred to me that everyone always tries to choose a grandiose name, so WTF? Besides, I'm old enough to be a grandy.

NERV
October 20th, 2003, 10:15 PM
lol, havent been here for awile but my name came from an anime known as Neon Genesis Evangelion. You may think its kinda silly, but the show changed my veiw on alot of things in life ect, and yeah so I figured the name suited me since NERV was the key military agency of the show.

Stone
October 21st, 2003, 07:56 AM
Mine is very boring... It is the name of a band member from my favourite band. Not too fond of them anymore, but everyone i've met over the past 7 years, know me as Stone.

xyz
October 21st, 2003, 08:15 AM
I am not really sure why I chose xyz. I think it is because people use it as an unknown and also sometimes use it in place of etcetera. People will use xyz where something is not known, like people will say "Mr. xyz" in the same situation they use "Mr. X" or "John Doe".

Sonny Jim
October 21st, 2003, 05:19 PM
I've always found short names amusing. Jim, Bill, Ted, Bob, Jack etc etc. I just picked a such a name (Jim) and put 'Sonny' in front of it, the same way I did when thinking up Angry Jack. I think it rolls off the tongue nicely.

Bryan
October 24th, 2003, 11:48 PM
My name, what more can I say?

Sonny Jim, I thought your expression had to do with one of the traditional old fogey sayings, calling young boys "Sonny Jim"/

OR am I getting confused again?

darkdontay
October 26th, 2003, 09:42 AM
It is a name I have ben goign tby since 95' my littel Ode to Kevin Poulsen. I guy whos exploits showed me that thier is some interesting things to that little wire that connects to the back of my computer.

TJTay89
October 29th, 2003, 10:41 AM
I have had this handle for about three years. It is pretty simple... T.J. is my what i use for my first name, Tay is the first three letters of my last name, and 89 is the year of my birth. Thus I came up with TJTay89.

Arthis
October 29th, 2003, 01:33 PM
From a cartoon hero a few years ago...

Cricket
October 31st, 2003, 01:31 PM
I thought for a name for hours. Then I looked down and saw I was playing with my Cricket lighter (regular lighter, but electrical ignition). I had just bought it along with much other stuff like a pound of Pyrodex, 25 CO2 ctgs., 100 12 gauge shells, and some other stuff. No, I didn't buy this all at once. I was only 14 or 15 at the time but they let me buy it still. Thank God for po-dunk hick towns like this one :D. Anyway, thats where Cricket came from. Interesting topic.

Trinitrotoluene
November 2nd, 2003, 09:30 PM
I first came up with this name when I started with my interest with explosives, and TNT was my favorite explosive, so I came up with this name. It still dosen't suit the name I use when I play starcraft, but oh well, I rarely play that game now.

klassasin
November 2nd, 2003, 10:39 PM
Mine name comes from my initials, kl, and assassin except I mispelled it so I've just kept it that way. Also NERV I like the name. Evangelion rocks!!! Go NGE.

Boomer
November 10th, 2003, 01:50 PM
Actually it is a dog’s name! It is my nickname in the company because I have free working times and (within limits) I can come + go when I want. So the called me ‘Boomer the stray dog’ after a TV sequel.

During registration I realised it also sounds like someone making things go BOOM…

P.S. Funny to be a newbie again after 20 years of ‘blasting around’

Jacks Complete
November 10th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Since this forum is a little Different to where I normally work and play, I decided to use this name. Since I am always online, my other screen name is far too easy to connect to me, and so I didn't want to use it here.

So, I chose this name. My sig should clue most people in to where it came from, but just in case you never saw Fight Club, you now know.

Bert
November 11th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Before Fight Club, it was a series of articles in Readers's Digest...
"I am Jack's Small Intestine", etc. God, I feel old.

It's Bert because of Sessame Street. But really, I'm mor of an Ernie.

Jacks Complete
November 11th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Isn't that where he gets the titles from? A big pile of magazines in the "soap factory".

I doubt RD ever did anything with quite that title, though!

Someone else said it before, but the inspirations for some of the names are superb! :)

Blackhawk
November 12th, 2003, 05:42 AM
Mine isn't too complicated or profound, I saw it written on the side of a model airplane in a magazine and I liked it. It has become more of a suitable name lately as when I play BF1942/Desert Combat I like being the UH-60 BH pilot. So now I use the name almost everywhere, plus I think it sounds cool :P

Oh and Blindreeper, when I was trying to find your geocities site at school I was wondering why I could only ever get skateboard sites...

And of course some will remeber my sig from an old computer stratergy game, Kane said it...

Jacks Complete
November 12th, 2003, 06:45 AM
I knew I recognised it!

Command and Conquer, wasn't it? The only game where you got to pick a target and laser it from space as the winning prize!

HORNYwithPANDAS
November 13th, 2003, 03:47 PM
I came up with my name at a very disturbing time during my life...:D No, I actually came up with it for a clan name in CS. When I applied for this forum I thought it might instantly describe some of my personality.

Blackhawk
November 14th, 2003, 12:01 AM
yep command and conquer, hah, the ion-beam was cool, didn't you have the choice of hammering France, I'm pretty sure I took that one. Since then I think the best game they have churned out would be the origional C&C red-alert, very well balanced and involving game, but this is getting OT.

blindreeper
November 14th, 2003, 08:47 AM
Black hawk read the first post of this topic to find why you onyl get skate boarding sites :)

knowledgehungry
November 15th, 2003, 08:43 PM
Hornywithpandas, no one is going to take you seriously, and that sig is lame as hell. We arent trying to look like 12 yearolds here:rolleyes:.

Blackhawk
November 15th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Well we may not be trying as such but if that is who he is...
"When I applied for this forum I thought it might instantly describe some of my personality."

xyz
November 16th, 2003, 12:33 AM
You've got it all wrong, you have to become a moderator or a very important member BEFORE you openly display your silly side, take Anthony for example :) .

xyz
November 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM
I would edit the post but it's been too long, another prime example is ~BoB~ and his THC fueled rants :D .

Bong
November 17th, 2003, 10:31 PM
Look at my name, I don't somke weed but I grow it and the word "Bong" is related to weed and it jumped up my mind. So I just pick it.

Charlie Workman
November 18th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Charlie Workman was the name of one of my favorite, but little known, gangsters of the 1930's. When the Syndicate decided that fellow crimelord Dutch Schultz had become too much of a liabilty, Murder, Inc. sent Charlie to take care of the problem. He walked into Schultz's headquarters and killed him and four other gang members. By himself. A close friend later ratted him out and he did 23 years for the murders. Once paroled, he lived as a button salesman in NY's garment district. To his dying day, he never talked about his previous life. The man knew the wisdom of keeping your mouth shut.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"To paraphrase Aristotle, life is a gas!"
-Gidget

theone
November 22nd, 2003, 07:28 AM
sounds like crap i know, but I used to use this ID when I was playing
counter strike ( yeah yeah yeah.....) anyway..... it was this or
"LoveAndSex" another Nick I used to use ( yeah yeah yeah............)

apathyboy
November 22nd, 2003, 09:35 PM
Mine's pretty simple, I always say "I should..." or "Wouldn't it be cool if..." or something along those lines, but then never work up the effort to do it. Procrastination is hell.

Hopefully I get over this stupid habit and make something interesting to post pictures of on the forum

Also, I have no cause whatsoever (unless wanting to systematically hunt down and pummel religious fundamentalists is a cause) unlike most of the hippies and fruits in my classes, so it makes me stand out a bit.

I should really go buy some supplies... ;)

xyz
November 22nd, 2003, 10:35 PM
There was a member here whose sig said "Procrastination is like masturbation, it may seem like a good idea at the time but in the end you are only fucking yourself"

pornopete
November 23rd, 2003, 03:20 AM
i work in a retail store that sells Adult Videos, Ive managed to sell the most so hence PornoPete...Its really wierd how the seedy old men always come to me to "buy one of those videos in that cabinet.."

Stormhelm
November 24th, 2003, 06:25 AM
It's my dwarven name, really. Used a namegenerator on a Tolkien site (BIG Tolkien fan btw), and it popped up. It sounded good, so I adapted it for all online use.

tmp
March 19th, 2004, 01:58 AM
Tmp, means "The Mad Professor", a title bestowed upon me by my friends
back in high school because of my love of computers, physics, chemistry, and
in particular, everything that goes BOOM ! :D :D :D

tom haggen
March 23rd, 2004, 09:29 PM
My name comes from the moive Godfather for those of you who didn't already know. I chose this name because i'm of irish decent like tom, and he's a wise man so why not?

MightyQuinn®
March 25th, 2004, 12:47 PM
I chose my name based on a Dylan tune often done by The Grateful Dead. It's trademarked for uniqness.

atlas#11
March 27th, 2004, 10:27 PM
Mine came off an old box of blasting caps (empty damn it!) made by the atlas powder co. It read "100 #11 blasting caps" and not only did the #11 part throw me (#11 is not exactly a common cap size) but this box is like 2" by 2" and if they could fit a hundred caps in their and they were #11 then it had to be some powerfull shit in them things. I still have the box and it's still empty but thats where my name came from. Another thing that is kinda scary is that box came from my grand dad who was a paranoid schitzo! what he was doing with them I can't say but he left me a lot of cool stuff though :) .

Cyclo_Knight
March 28th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I have extremely easy access to all the needed precursors for RDX, so obviously that is my favorite main charge. Seeing as how that is practically the sole subject of all my "research", my name is simply a play off the alternate name, Cyclonite. There was obviously already a cyclonite however I also wanted something which would suggest a vengeful force, hence Cyclo_Knight...I am the lord of the K3wl exterminators!

All of those "Stupid Teeneger Blows Off Limbs" headlines you see are just me doing Darwins work ;)

Me: Pssst...see how far you can kick that can of Armstrongs Mixture!

K3wl: Dawwwk OK here Goez Nuthin......BOOOOOM....plotch....splort...

Me:There goes your lower Body! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!! :D
The score is
Darwin: 76,842 and counting
K3wlz: 0

Mr Cool
March 28th, 2004, 03:40 PM
I was trying to think of a name, and my friend said "Why not just call yourself something really stupid like 'Mr Cool?'"
So I did. Not a very interesting story really.

Fear
March 30th, 2004, 12:41 AM
"The only thing there is to fear, is fear itself" Franklin D. Roosevelt

mesmashy
March 31st, 2004, 09:06 AM
i got it off this cave man cartoon i saw on telly he had a wooden bat and kept hitting people with it.......mesmashy lol

N\A4567
March 31st, 2004, 08:10 PM
I wound up with N\A4567 because when I came here I was new to the internet, and I thought the registration form was asking for my real name; I wasn't dumb enough to put in my real name, N/A stood for Not Answerable and the 4567 was because just N\A was already taken. Now I'm not nearly as ignorant about the net and I would have changed the name a wile ago, but the user control panel doesn't give me that option.

tiac03
April 10th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Mine is boring as compaired to all of your's. In Highschool my cynical views on "Jeebus" and religion on the whole, got me known as "anti-christ" (even though I didn't find myself that bad...) so since the name's Tim, "Tim Is Anti-Christ" (TIAC) stuck.

The 03 I added when I got myself a yahoo e-mail address and found out that TIAC was already taken. (who the f*ck is called Tiac anyways?). So I just added 03 since it was the day of the month I was born on.

Thats all Folks....

xALmoN
April 10th, 2004, 04:09 AM
xALmoN. was from salmon, which is the fish i love to eat the most, like in sashimi. I also respect their drive and perserverance about going upstream to breed. Salmon was my original online nick, then i met this girl and we got together, her name started with 'X' so i changed my nick to xalmon, simple enough. We've broken up though, but i still love this nick.

blindreeper
April 10th, 2004, 04:11 AM
I am the lord of the K3wl exterminators!
Me thinks you are a lame try hard. Have you never heard of nbk :rolleyes:

Marvin
April 10th, 2004, 05:22 AM
I bought my name from a name shop. It was on special offer.

Arthis
April 10th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Hum if that topic is going to make several people give real information about them that is not good. Why people always like telling too much about them?

I got my forum from a cartoon, long ago, as I had really no idea for an internet name. Since that, I changed my internet name but in the forum I couldn't.
I like the names that are not too special, just like a nickname but not too common either.

T_Pyro
April 11th, 2004, 02:53 PM
I think I've heard of "Arthis" in some game, too... Warcraft, IIRC.

mongo blongo
April 11th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Well It's been a while since this thread opened and I thought it's time I may as well tell you lot how my name came to be, as I am sure you are all pondering. :)
I was still in college when I joined this forum and was working for a telesales mortgage company and we had to deal with a load of angry bastard cunts who understandably hated us.
Me and my mate were the most hated employees by the boss because we didn't give a shit about our work and skipped work to go to the pub with VERY shit excuses and turned up stoned of our tits. We even played Dark angel and shit when we talked to our clients :D It wasn't long before we were let go. ;)
Sooo we nicked loads of the client profile files and used their own telephones to do some....lots of prank phone calls. :D
Anyways there was this dude who was REALY named Mongo Blongo :D I am NOT shitting you, I sware to god!! He was Hungarian or some shit and we had a lot of fun with that dude he he he :D
Well that's where the name came from so hang me :)
Edit BAD grammar!!!

blindreeper
April 11th, 2004, 11:54 PM
Yes it is Warcraft III. The other month and noticed the same thing with Arthis as well :)

Ropik
May 2nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
My nick come from two sources:
1) when you change the two syllables, you have "pikro"
2) some VERY interesting blockhouses in Czech republic(neighbour, I'm from Slovakia) are called with similar word.
These blockhouses are practically indestructable and have one to test my products into is my dream :) .

K9
May 3rd, 2004, 12:18 PM
Well it's pretty simple for mine. I like dogs, hence K9. That's about all there is to it.

Child-of-Bodom
May 14th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Since I like Heavy Metal, my name is clear...Children Of Bodom is a melodic black-powermetal band, my favourite.

I like some more 'quiet' music btw (like 3 doors down), but that comes when you get older...(although I'm only 21...)

greets,

COB

Corona
May 16th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Everyone knows what a Corona is...

Actually its to honor the first car I remember my parents driving... Toyota Corona (bigger model than Corolla). And I never spend more than 10 seconds to think up a nickname, so there you are.

I liked that car.... I like most Japanese cars.

K'Luuppo
May 23rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Because helicopter is not a part of car.

Actually it was literally drawed from hat.

JoeJablomy
May 23rd, 2004, 05:11 PM
As if you couldn't guess, Haywood is my middle name :)

nuke_2b
May 30th, 2004, 11:03 AM
Everyone I know always thinks of me as obsessed with nuclear weapons and maybe one day...

Seriously, i'm just a home chemist/pyro. Not sure where they all got the nuke thing, but it stuck.

festergrump
May 31st, 2004, 12:10 PM
I was jamming with a couple of friends on one day about a decade ago (I've been playing the bass for some years) and while in a somewhat drug and alcohol induced stupor I referred to our flashy drummer as something "Stardust" (it was catchy but I forget what it was exactly. Likely kin to Ziggy Stardust).

He, in turn, shifted the discussion by calling my guitarist friend "Zip Slide" do to his fancy fret-work. Well, Zip turned to me and the "wall of hair" in my face and said, "What about Festergrump over here? (I hate my hair to grow as much as 1/4 inch off the skin, anymore. Now the fester part actually makes some sense...y'know...Adam's Family).

That's it. It stuck...

Patricodog
June 4th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I use this name for everything. I made it about 8 years ago and as you can tell it's based on my dog Patric. I didnt know Patrick was spelled with a 'k' at the time so instead of changing my name, I changed my dog's name. I think it looks cooler without the 'k' anyways. I got the "odog" because my dog looks irish when he has a green collar on.

CommonScientist
August 20th, 2004, 02:28 AM
I was thinking of a name on here that would sound good, a common one, that had to do with science, and it hit me - CommonScientist! I am more of a chemist though, ide change it if I could, like on the other forums.

I thought about it for like 5 minutes though, My last one I had, that I forgot the password to, was rather lame, so I needed one that went well with this atmosphere.

Mephistopheles
August 20th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I was around on the net, and I was looking at some character profiles from some game, War of Genesis 3 or Magna Carta..... anyways, some character "liked" the nickname Mephistopheles, and I did too, so, I took it. Later I found out that he's a demon in hell, and that fit me pretty damn well. So, Mephistopheles it is. also, he's the demon that Faust sold his soul to. and, Mephistopheles is not Satan, contrary to what most people think.... so, yeah...

Researcher88
August 22nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
well 88, thats when i was born

Myrol
August 22nd, 2004, 07:01 AM
Myrol was faszinating me for a long time.....piss easy to make.....damnit strong...but nobody use him really because Myrol is much to volatile (and poisonus) to make him as worthful Explosive. 615ccm Leadblock.....8000m/s.....very good.......boiling point 65°C....causes worse headaches and is T+....thats awesome :( These differences.....I am Myrol! (A German Explosive and a German Guy :D )

FUTI
August 25th, 2004, 09:47 AM
One friend calls me that way it's because he makes a joke with me and mess-up mine already excisting nick-name. Is this subject safe from social engeeniring? :confused:

delta_acrylate
August 26th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Mine was easy

Delta is my job street name
Acrylate because I work with acrylates

Trigger Mike
August 30th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Im called mike and i took "Trigger Mike" from the Bad Boys2 movie.

openfacesurgery
August 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I'm awful at coming up with names, titles, etc. It's definitely my weak point creativity wise. So all I did was "borrow" a song title from one of my favorite death metal bands. A fascination with blood and gore could also be attributed to it I suppose.

meselfs
August 30th, 2004, 07:46 PM
I fail to remember, I've been meselfs for a very long time.

j_dmillar
September 1st, 2004, 03:45 PM
A stupid mistake, honesty to be precise: My initials and last name. I imagine I'll leave soon and reappear with my other online name.

Dr_Pind
September 4th, 2004, 11:25 AM
"Dr. Pind" means "Doctor Stick" (yes. one of those things that are attached to most trees) for those of you who dont speak danish. It is my most used call-name often being shortened to just "Pind". I got the name from a novel by Jørgen Riel where one of the main characters in named Dr. Pind. My brother began calling me by this name bacause I'm rather tall.

Mr. Pseudo
September 4th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I dunno if anybody here remembers a really old-ass game by Cyan called "Spelunx". Well...one of the charachters in that game was named "Mr. Pseudo". I thought it was really wierd, so I've been using it online once in a while since about 96'.

Pb1
September 5th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I just took an accurate description of myself, 'prepetually bored', and tried to use that. Too many letters. So, I tried the initials : PB. Not enough. So, I just added a '1'. I was too lazy to think of anything better (still am).

redbull
September 5th, 2004, 04:10 AM
My name... hell I had a can of redbull, the energy softdrink in front of me.

Silentnite
January 4th, 2005, 04:42 AM
SilentNite is from a few different things. Basically I go with whatever strikes me, and itll change from year to year. First it was Silverwolf, then SmokingFox, and then Stone Gargoyle... Odd yes, but they all flow kinda nice in my head. Well, then I was watching... *XXX* I think, and they had a nerve agent called SilentNite, and I liked it. I still havent transferred all the names over yet.

kbk
January 7th, 2005, 10:27 PM
i put letters together that sounded cool...i had decided for awhile that it stood for "kold blooded killers" (my friends idea...) but i thought it sounded stupid so kbk means nothing,its just some letters

Zimbabwe!
March 6th, 2005, 12:30 AM
I just really like the word. I like another pair of words even better but Saskatoon Saskatchewan was just too long for a username.

EOD
January 5th, 2006, 11:08 PM
17 years as a member of the U.S. Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD).