View Full Version : stolen bike

rubberchiken
October 21st, 2003, 07:20 AM
well, today some fucked-up individuals stole my nice brand new bike from school, while i was at school. they broke into the bike lockers, and cut the lock up. i was curious if anyone had some interesting ideas of...a deterrent, if you will. i was thinking of wiring a stun-gun into my seat, which i could turn on and off. when the would-be thieve sits down, he loses any chance of having children :D.
any other ideas?

bobo
October 21st, 2003, 08:15 AM
Can you mount a device that broadcasts a signal when the motor is on? When the thief is close to your receiver you get a warning;) I thought of this for my car, unfortunately I have next to no electronic skills. But the stun gun will most likely fry your own balls if you forget to turn it off.

wrench352
October 21st, 2003, 09:50 AM
Ever think of taking the front tire off while your gone?This will deter all but the most determined bike theif.Use a Kryptonite lock too.

grandyOse
October 21st, 2003, 10:41 AM
Do you carry a bookbag? take the seat or pedals with you. If looks aren't important to you, make your bike look old and fucked up. That what I did with my truck. Remove logos of expensive components or replace with cheap ones (the logos, not the components). Thieves are generally in a hurry and they are not going to stop to inpect the drive train on a rusty bike without a seat. Schools are so fucked up these days, I hope they will let you take a hex key inside. I remember kids bringing their new deer rifles for show and tell. Sure would like to go back to those days.