View Full Version : My IP is banned?

Sonny Jim
October 24th, 2003, 10:21 AM
I came here as usual today and it says that the administrator has banned my IP adress. I'm here on an anonymous proxy at the moment, and it seems my account still works, but I am concerned as to why my IP is forbidden. Does anyone know anything about this? :eek:

Rhadon
October 24th, 2003, 10:55 AM
If you have a dynamic IP address the problem will be solved when you connect to the internet next time. Or do you have a static IP?

Sonny Jim
October 24th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Aha! The problem appears to have gone. You must be right about the dynamic IP. You'll have to forgive me for being a little ignorant in the IP and whathaveyou field. Thanks for the help though. ;)

darkdontay
October 26th, 2003, 09:36 AM
I currently have premission issuses when trying to connect through AoHell.

Anthony
October 26th, 2003, 12:11 PM
There's a total ban on all AOhelL IPs in an attempt to keep idiots out :)

IDTB
October 26th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Hahaha! That's GENIUS! Definite thumbs up to that, Anthony.

xyz
October 26th, 2003, 07:01 PM
You should also ban Telstra bigpond to keep Australian idiots out :) .

blindreeper
October 27th, 2003, 04:09 AM
This is kind of begging but PLEASE don't ban telstra bigpond users! I am one of them!

xyz
October 27th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Lol, I was sort of joking, but then bigpond IS a somewhat crappy ISP :)

Sorry blindreeper

Blackhawk
November 15th, 2003, 09:31 PM
hehe, If you want a decent ISP get Pacificnet ADSL unlim downloads for $99 a month at 512KBps with some good speed/service guarantees. They will shape your speed if you dl too much (2Gb in 1week) but only to like 300KBps initially, not some stupid 28.8 like Optus.

xyz
November 16th, 2003, 12:35 AM
There is no ADSL available where I live or I would have gotten it long ago :( .

Sir Dudalot
November 16th, 2003, 01:52 AM
I get the IP banned thing a lot. The first time it happened I hadn't even posted yet and I kept wondering what the hell I'd done. Then I reconnected and it worked. Damn dial-up...slow as hell too. I'm lucky to get 28.8 but that's what I get for living in a rural town. As for banning all AOL IP's....thank you.

Anthony
November 16th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Man, you poor Aussies really get screwed when it comes to broadband :(

Blackhawk
November 17th, 2003, 02:35 AM
The main reason being that most internet usage in Australia is getting pages from the US anyway, and there are very few and therefore very expensive data 'pipelines' between here and the states, or anywhere else out browsing would take us.

xyz
November 17th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Blackhawk, what do you think communications satellites do then?

I would say instead that the problem is that cities and towns in Australia are much longer distances from other cities/towns than in other countries, making it a lot more expensive to lay all the cabling.