View Full Version : Zip Gun SEMI AUTO and PMJB

marco
November 8th, 2003, 07:26 PM
hooah! i have 2 very simply questions:
1... i want to do a semi auto zip gun, but i dont know how to make SIMPLY AND EASY mechanism. Good if it will be plans.
2... i live in very bad country, if you mean to buy some books (interesting books, like Poor Mans James Bond). I tried to download it from KAZAA - there isnt. I tried download it from eMule - queue, 3 days waiting, having hope, snafu. is there any site with this book?
Its my first post, not last...

PHAID
November 8th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Don't waste your time with the Poor Mans James Bond.
I have a copy and other than the pyro information the rest is of no real use.

As for your zip gun design, What caliber are you wanting to use?

xyz
November 8th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Read the different volumes of "Home workshop firearms" on the FTP. They contain the diagrams for a couple of very simple semi auto .22 Pistol designs.

P.S. - Your sig is too long, 3 lines max

grandyOse
November 9th, 2003, 12:02 AM
uh, I thought the FTP was available only to those deemed worthy. This rather kewlish newby has but one lame post, and a question at that. Not even in the water cooler. It is not my intention to flame said newby, rather to obtain clarification of the FTP protocol.

xyz
November 9th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Grandy0se, yes, the FTP is only for people deemed worthy, Which he may eventually (very eventually) be.

But for now, If I was him, I would just be glad that NBK isn't here to see this.

marco
November 9th, 2003, 08:56 AM
hmmm... thanks for replies. caliber doesn't matter, it can be .45, .22, 9mm, but common.
xyz, what is adress of this ftp? im new ;P
i readed forums like this veeery long, and everybody said "PMJB is very good book! buy or download it!" strange...

zaibatsu
November 9th, 2003, 10:28 AM
Get PA Luty's 9mm expedient smg book, it's very good for an easy-ish, throwaway 9mmP smg. The author however was stupid, employing someone else to do the photography and got himself thrown in prison (he's from england).

marco
November 9th, 2003, 01:05 PM
yeah, thanks, but its one bad thing: in my country its impossible to find books like this, so if you can... ftp or site... ill be grateful... thx
i made shotgun plans, very easy to build, but i dont know does it work. ill scan them. and, of course, post them here.

Jacks Complete
November 11th, 2003, 10:36 AM
So, Marco has sailed away...
Makes me wonder what he did for is two weeks "cooling off period", as he obviously didn't read the rules!

The Luty book gets some really good reviews online. I might pay the $20, but I would rather get it from the ftp or something, as I really wouldn't want to wind up like Mr. Luty, with four years in prison! Failing that, I might see if I can pick it up from a show or something.

Any members have an opinion on it, or other similar texts? For study, of course.

TampaPunk
November 17th, 2003, 05:37 PM
i have a question. where is the ftp, this is my first post, i have read a lot, but i havent had much to say.

Jacks Complete
November 17th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Not to flame you or anything, but there are about three or four threads about the ftp.

As for access, I think it is a case of "Ask and you won't get" unless you have contributed. Read the threads!

aussie_boy
November 21st, 2003, 09:38 PM
in australia recently they had a couple of guy's mass produce a 2 shot zip gun they had enough pasrts for 2,500 guns selling for $1,500 each a quick calculation that's about 4 and a half million australin dollars the thing looked something simular to a remote control

xyz
November 22nd, 2003, 09:53 PM
I think they would only have gotten a couple of hundred bucks each for those zipguns, the 1.5 grand was just a police estimate (in other words, way off).

Anyways, they fired two rounds of .32ACP from 2 seperate barrels, they were about 3cmx3cmx10cm in size (rectangular shaped), and they were fired by pushing 2 buttons on the top. Yes, they looked a lot like small TV remotes with only 2 buttons.