View Full Version : Rules - Zero tolerance & safety

Shaneh
November 22nd, 2003, 02:01 AM
Hmmmm, I like explosives - big time actually, I guess I never quite got over the huge thrill of fire crackers and things that go bang etc., hence the attraction to this subject.

The thing I find most interesting, is the "read the rules" / "zero tolerance" attitude, because it's a kind of foolish grip on reality, It's a policy that was implemnted in NY, and it was designed to clean up petty crime and the medial got hold of it and crowned the idea with absolutisim despite the refuation of the originators of the idea of zero tolerance - and the rule of the iron fist permeates the globe under the guise of "zero tolerance"; and now this silly aberation has been adopted by this website, in relation to posts and the clubby mind set that goes with it - seemingly as a carry over from the responsible manufacturing, use and handling of explosives, vs the antics of an idiot in close proximity.......

I contrast this anaronistic absolutisim, with some of the posts based or orientated around manufacturing of explosives - and I may say that some of the posts amount to wishful thinking and fortunate circumstances - coupled with liberal doses of bad advice and ignorance.

I believe the moderators of the site, ought to aim at the directing of standards, quality and safe practices to people and elaborating upon the less than adequate posts in an educational manner , instead of nit picking over trite and petty bullshit from a rule book that seems to do more to boost egos into lofty realms, than encouraging the manufacturing and use of explosives in a safe way with no room for doubt or miscalcuation - first and foremost.

blindreeper
November 22nd, 2003, 02:33 AM
This is hardly the place to post about this, it would have gone better in Forum matters or Issues and opionions. I see your point, but the way most people get banned is asking for a cheap boom or something. It shows they are not willing to learn that is why they are not responded to "in a more educational matter" The forum is moving forward, we do not want to be constantly held back by stupid people who just want some quick entertainment of a fireball.

irish
November 22nd, 2003, 02:36 AM
You have read the rules have you ? why then is this (pointless) post in the high explosives section not the watercooler ? also who do you think you are to tell the mods how to run this place, I have 60 something posts I still consider myself a newbie and do not go telling anybody here what to do, you have two posts and know everything about how to run this site :rolleyes: .
I don't normally bother to reply to this sort of thing but there is something about that post that shits me :mad: .

bobo
November 22nd, 2003, 07:40 AM
This forum contains quite some useful information and so why the fuck complain.

If someone posts some real bad idea, he will be jumped by forum members possibly flaming the shit out of him. If someone asks what is nitroglycerin and how do I kill my neighbours dog with it, he'll get banned. There is a subtle difference here and I think it is good. I don't think ppl got banned recently for violating the bullshit part of the rules. But have a look at the TOTSE forum and you will see why the mods don't like 'kewls'.

Rhadon
November 22nd, 2003, 09:34 AM
You're coming right through the door and tell us how we shall do things correctly. I don't want to waste my time on explaining the needs for a zero tolerance policy once again. If you had had a look at some of our sections you would have noticed that we had a little kewl invasion that night. You would have to admit that it was necessary to clean that mess up, otherwise our trustworthiness and quality would soon be like that of Totse and similar forums. But what am I talking about, you can't read it anyway...

megalomania
November 22nd, 2003, 08:11 PM
Oh, he has got it all wrong. The rules are not some carryover of industry practices or even a reflection of society at large, they rules evolved because they work to stem the tide of foolishness that prevents our members from conducting intelligent discussion. Idiotic discussion wastes the time of our members, members who would otherwise be posting good information become demorialized and dismayed at what they see and don't bother to post any more information. Idiotic posts consume the resources of our members by taking up what little time they choose to devote to us. Do you know why TOTSE, or queerpier, or bombshock are bad? Not because they may or may not have any intelligent people, but because there is so much irrevelant chatter that any sense of meaning is rendered useless. Even the best post at one of those sites will be swamped with people who are so juvenile they can't help but reduce the intelligence level of the thread to that of the lowest common denominater.

It is the lowest common denominater facter that The Forum strives to eliminate. A bulletin board will ultimately only be as good as the dumbest members. We have the unique advantage of having so many people that we can afford to squash a few for the greater good of the many, hence our 0 tolerance policy.