View Full Version : "Useless thread"

steyr
November 23rd, 2003, 05:17 AM
Hmmm... I want to know, what is useless thread. Ex:
STEN GUN IN PMJB
How much time will take making sten if I have everything (tools, materials)? Maybe someone has shopping list with parts (ex. 0,5m of steel pipe, etc.). I want to make one, but plans I found are incomplete or too hard for me... - That was my post, and I don't know what is wrong with it. Everybody can ask, huh? I think it isn't useless, because somebody can have problems like me!

IMPROVISED ROAD SPIKES
You can make crosses from two parts of flat steel, weld it and weld SHORT nails to it. Now you must make few, and spike it to carpet. If you use long nails, they will bend. Short nails must be long enough to pierce tire. - Short post about making road spikes. It works, and it's easy, so i repeat: WHAT IS WRONG? It's because I'm newbie? Waiting for response...

Efraim_barkbit
November 23rd, 2003, 07:04 AM
If you truly are interested in this things, and want to stay here, you shall accept things as they are.
but I donīt think you really care.
IF you where truly interested, you would be thankful for the goldmine of information availiable here. not wanting to loose it.
If my presence here were threathened, I would rather keep quiet, and still have the availibility to learn from the site, than try to defend myself, wich would lead to my removal.
There is no way, as a newbie, that you can win a discussion over the moderators, because they have all the power.
You have nothing.
Not even a valid point.

Rest In Peace

steyr
November 23rd, 2003, 07:11 AM
Ok you're right. But why every my post is "useless" when I give solution to problem? This site is best in the web, but how somebody new can learn and help? Really the inteligence is number of posts? If yes, how I can be more intelligent? :confused: There's no way to start!
I must say sorry to moderators for my faults

Rhadon
November 23rd, 2003, 08:59 AM
But why every my post is "useless" when I give solution to problem?
Your grammar seems to be worse than I thought. It's hard to appreciate your posts if we have problems understanding them.

Perhaps it might help to let yourself time when posting. You could have noticed yourself that the question how long it would take to make that gun was really nonsense.

This site is best in the web, but how somebody new can learn and help? "Learning by doing" might be appropriate in some cases, but nobody has ever learned much by creating posts, especially when you're a newbie. You learn be reading (other members' posts, books, ...), and that's what you should do before posting.

Really the inteligence is number of posts? I'm sorry to say that, but in your case there seems to be a connection between the two. Take your chance and do better.

Anthony
November 23rd, 2003, 09:07 AM
Your biggest problem is that you created new threads without searching first. There are already threads that your posts could have gone into without needing to create new ones.

That not being helped by your newbie status, it's good netiquette not to make new threads on your first post.

steyr
November 23rd, 2003, 09:13 AM
eeee? I didn't created new threads! I only answered. Oh sorry, I created one thread, in water cooler, you're reading it. What a problem?!

Wild Catmage
November 23rd, 2003, 04:38 PM
This is hardly relevent to this thread, but whilst surfing the web, I found this nice looking air rifle. Seeing as the topic was "Useless thread" :rolleyes: I thought I might as well post this here...

http://www.baikalinc.ru/eng/prod/pguns/mr514k/

It's the first air gun I have seen in a bullpup type configuration and in my (humble) opinion it's the next best looking thing to the FN-P90 (even if it is only an air weapon).
NB - The white thing towards the back of the weapon is the mag.

grandyOse
November 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
The world is a mean and rotten place, steyr. When you write stupid things with second grade grammer then whine about people's reactions, you will find yourself on the outside looking in. It's just not right. Stupid, whiney, illiterate people should be accepted for who they are and recognised for the valuable contribution they make to society. I wish you luck in your crusade against this kind of unjust bigotry. Go out there and make Don Quixote proud! (Steyr; that's Donkey Hotey to you).

Bert
November 23rd, 2003, 11:14 PM
I don't think English is his native language- If he was contributing something new or asking sensible questions, that wouldn't matter of course.

Steyr, maybe kick back, search the site and read up on the information allready on the site for a while? You don't have to rush right out & start posting just because you can. It might be a while before you've got something new to contribute or even a question no one has asked before. And why would anyone who took your nick want a piece of shit like a Sten gun? It's a crappy, cheap ass bullet pump with the ergonomics of a muffler!

Jacks Complete
November 24th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Steyr,

Hopefully you got something out of my reply to you in the Sten gun thread.

Another thing - You are telling us YOUR way. It might be the best way, or it might not be. Telling us it is the best way is annoying, since I think my way is better than yours, and there are ten other posts too!

It is left as an exercise to the OP and other readers to see what they need, and do as they see fit. Without a welder, your plan, and mine, are useless. For remote dropping, your carpet roll is a waste of time, however, for situations where you want to remove it again, it is ideal. Mine can't be picked up, but they would stop a car with run-flats from going fast due to the unbalancing of the wheel.

Horses for courses. That's all.

As an aside, the IRA use(d) a carpet of nails. They didn't need a welder. They just bought a load of carpet tacks, then hammered them into the roll of carpet, rolling as they went. This was then just unrolled across the road to be blocked. After all, you don't need a base plate, as the tarmac will do, as long as the nails point upwards!