View Full Version : Welcome member 5000!

megalomania
November 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I see from our member count that we are on the verge of welcoming member 5000 to The Forum! Horray, and whoopdy doo. A momentous number indeed. While we are way over 5000 technicially since I periodically purge older members who do not log in, this is the first for so many at one time.

For the astute in the audience we just hit 4000 a few months ago, twice actually since I cleared out 400 old members when we hit 4000.

Lets all give ourselves a big round of applause, the Forum hits 5000 members, the overnight success (only 4 years in the making)!

PyroNitrate
November 26th, 2003, 08:12 PM
* Gets 1000 tons of C4 * Hands megalo the trigger

BANG

Everyone:

HAPPY 5000!!!!!! YAYAYA

thrall
November 26th, 2003, 10:52 PM
What I see is that it's only very lately that the member count increased very fast.When I joined two months ago it was 3800.That means 1200 members in two months(1/3 of the previous member count) and thats very fast.Assuming exponential growth(which apparently it is!) the member count will grow very much in coming time.In that case you(the people who made the forum as a community sevice(FREE) will have to put more resourses. But thats the purpose of the forum(free information). THANKS (not meant as just a formal word) to aaaaaaal people who put their time, efforts and money to put this forum online.It's good to see people work for an unselfish cause(well that makes you people true social workers;) if you don't mind). and it's great to see the people of true feedom(who have self restrain, rather than law putting restrains on them that they defy all the time).And it's great to meet the people of true competence that care about respect rather than popularity.I'm a newbie and think I'll remain for a long time(I need to learn a lot that I'm lerning) and I've been replied with sarcasm(silver fuliminate from olympic silver medal(damn!! I really liked that remark!)) on the few posts I've made,but thats more like it!
CHEERS on the 5000 cause 6000 is about to come(may be next two months)
SO CHEERS for that as well

PyroNitrate
November 26th, 2003, 11:27 PM
How many of them do you think are hear to learn to blow up mailboxes rather than to expand there minds?

I would say atleast 5% of who join?

Any other percents people?

thrall
November 26th, 2003, 11:38 PM
I don't think people here are or will be upto cheap things like blowing mailboxes and other bullshit.Can't you feel an enlightenment aura here(well acknowledging competency is interpreted as ass kissing here,or so I was reminded but anyway I couldn't find moderate words).Even if someone here will be upto not so legal acts I bet it will not be be some cheap act like blowing up mailboxes:D .Hope you understand.

PyroNitrate
November 27th, 2003, 12:42 AM
The "Hanus" seems to be elimated by the mods pretty fast, i would agree with you. But i was referring to new users who join, not working members.

Cricket
November 27th, 2003, 01:31 AM
There it is.

zeocrash
November 27th, 2003, 02:18 PM
hmm to add a name to our number i'd like to inform you all that member number 5000 is Psychoic.
welcome

nbk2000
November 27th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Hopefully #5,000 doesn't turn out to be a lame k3wL that has to be disintegrated. *crosses claws*

megalomania
November 27th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Actually number 5000 on the official member count is "ironbear" and he joined at a qurter after 10 Wednesday night.

angelo
November 28th, 2003, 02:46 AM
we sure have come a long way...

I remember when we struggled to have 50 members that would show up.