View Full Version : Does anyone know whats happening to my account?

Blackhawk
December 1st, 2003, 04:58 AM
Blindreeper asked me to place this here because he can't. The below is what he asked me to post

-----------------------------------------

I have no idea what has happened to my account, but I can log in fine. When I go to any of the sub sections of the forum it says there have been no posts in the last 1000 days. I
also get this message when I try to edit my profile:

vBulletin Message
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1 You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
2 If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user: blindreeper [logout]

I am on broad band if that helps. I don't think my IP has changed at all though. If I have been banned for some unknow reason please let me know. I will try in a couple of hours or days to see if it is alright.

megalomania
December 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM
That's not what you get when banned, that's what you get when you don't accept the cookie that verifies you are logged in. Are you blocking the cookie? You do need it, you will log in fine, but as soon as you try to view a section that is what you will see (like you are not logged in).

Nihilist
December 1st, 2003, 09:37 PM
It also happens to me whenever I change my email address(that is, whenever I change it on the boards, not when I make a new account somewhere).

static_firefly
December 2nd, 2003, 02:07 AM
Blindreeper just asked me to post this.

I did change my email in my profile to blindreeper@xmail.net instead of blindthug@hotmail.com so how do I go about changeing it back if I can't access the user CP page? Can you do it megalomania please?

metafractal
December 2nd, 2003, 03:26 AM
I had the same problem. I think it was Anthony who was kind enough to help me. Tell him to check his account at blindreeper.xmail.net for the verification email. Then follow the instructions there and his account will be reactivated.

blindreeper
December 2nd, 2003, 04:38 AM
Brilliant! (Grinch voice)
Yay I am back. Sorry for being a dumb ass, I should have checked my mail. Anyway its all working now!