View Full Version : IRC server downtime

PyroNitrate
December 5th, 2003, 05:56 PM
The IRC server / FTP server will be down until tommorw(saturday) due to power outages.

I look foreward to seeing everyone when it comes back online.

megalomania
December 7th, 2003, 08:00 PM
What's the ETA on the channel being open?

PyroNitrate
December 10th, 2003, 03:05 PM
I am currentally collecting insurance money for repair of my computers aparentally a technician crossed some wires fried himself, and blew up almost every electronic in my house connect to an electrical socket.. not sure when we will be back up.

peterthesmart
December 14th, 2003, 09:56 PM
Just to let anyone know if they didn't, #theforum is still open on irc.xnet.org. If you don't want to type anything, just click here (irc://irc.xnet.org/theforum)

frogfot
December 16th, 2003, 05:26 AM
Hope you straight that out Pyronitrate, I would castrate that technician with rusty scissors.. :(
Yesterday old channel was empty..

peterthesmart
December 30th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I just want to let everyone know that the channel will be going into mode +z on January 1st. You will need something that supports SSL to enter the channel. The easiest plugin I have seen for MIRC so far is Stuntour (http://www.bovine.net/~jlawson/coding/stuntour/) . The readme file should be pretty easy to follow. If you have any problems, please email me, or ask someone in the channel if you can. Once StunTour is loaded, type /server dagger.ca.us.xnet.org 7000. This should make everything work correctly.