View Full Version : Corrupt or broken FTP files

blindreeper
December 26th, 2003, 10:33 PM
I have noticed every so often that I have downlaoded a file from the FTP and it doesn't work! This is really annoying sometimes! So I think we should compile a list of all the corrupt files that you have found so they can be either fixed or removed.
You have probably heard about Fredroff volume 2 being corrupt so thats on the list. Try and get the exact file name, because I have noticed files with an underscore "_" before them don't work most of the time.

Corrupt files:

Fredroff v.2
_dan williams upped by zaibastu
Tetramaric AP

Those are some that I have kept and don't work, I know there are more but I delete them if they don't work. If this is a stupid idea just delete this thread.

nbk2000
December 27th, 2003, 12:09 AM
This is a good idea.

It'll let chem know which files he needs to remove, saves other the wasted time downloading crap files that they can't open, and bandwidth that'd otherwise be wasted. :)

chemwarrior
December 27th, 2003, 01:54 AM
Im sorry about those corrupt files guys... Ive done my best to go through the files and remove the corrupt ones, but there are so bloody many files on there... Just let me know what ones are corrupt and ILl remove them asap. The ones you mentioned will be removed within 24 hours.. I would right now, but am rather busy currently.

Skyscraper
December 27th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Have you considered .PAR2 files for larger files on the FTP? Just a few small blocks of PAR2 recovery can save quite a bit of time downloading a new file, provided the corruption isn't widespread.

Aaron-V2.0
December 28th, 2003, 12:15 AM
I have a copy of the non-corrupt Tetrameric AP file on my website, will upload now.

blindreeper
January 1st, 2004, 01:52 AM
"_Kitchen Improvised Fertilizer Explosives - Upped by Cëltick"
"_1Household chemicals and lab equipment by PYRO500.zip"

Both of them are fucked. Looks like my theory of the underscore was correct! So does anyone have a copy of KIFE?

There are also two urbanski volume 1 in german in the Explosive Texts section. The files are called:

Urbanski,Chemie und Technologie der Explosivstoffe-1.pdf
Urbanski,Chemie und Technologie der Explosivstoffe1.pdf

Both are 17.6MB so one of them could be deleted. I havn't checked they work or don't because german is of no use to me.

"_Federoff_Volume01.ace" (54.5MB) is on the FTP as you know and there is a file in Explosive Texts called "VOLUME01.PDF" which is frederoff volume 1 uncompressed which is only 31.1 MB. I am not sure if either should be deleted but I suspect that the "VOLUME01.PDF" (31.1MB) is incomplete because when I decompressed the "_Federoff_Volume01.ace" (54.5MB) the pdf was called "VOLUME1.PDF" and was 67.4MB. I am not sure if anything should be done about it but I thought I would bring the matter up.

Skean Dhu
January 1st, 2004, 04:10 AM
_APPA, , Nitro-Explosives A Practical Treatise - Priapo{ _chap1-2, _chap3a, _chap6, _chap8-9, _chap7, and _preface}, also i had trouble with Chem of Powder and Explosives

i have a working copy of Dan williams' site archive, and a couple other "_" files so your underscore theory isn't entirely true
@Chemwarrior when you read this drop me a line and after you fix the other things i'll re=upload what i have that you need.

blindreeper
January 1st, 2004, 07:08 AM
Thats why I called it a theory :P I am curious though why do they have underscores in front of them?

Celtick
January 1st, 2004, 12:40 PM
I have the copy of KIFE and when I uploaded it, it didn’t have an underscore so I don’t know where that came from? I will upload it again.

blindreeper
January 3rd, 2004, 09:17 AM
"_Kitchen Improvised Plastic Explosives"

This is also corrupt.

Seeing as how a lot these Kitchen improvised books are stuffed and that there is a file called kitchen complete which is complete, lacking KIFE, I am going to go about making a pdf of all KIPE, KIPE2, KIBC and KIFE. Stupid idea?

wrench352
January 8th, 2004, 01:44 AM
The "Sodabottlefae".pdf is corrupt,would someone please re-up it to the ftp please.

Jacks Complete
January 8th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Ruger 10-22.pdf is "not repairable".

I am currently editing up "On Killing_Raw.rtf" to remove OCR errors and improve formatting.

Celtick
January 9th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Blindreeper: KIFE is now in the recent folder, and its working (for me).

blindreeper
January 10th, 2004, 06:00 AM
I scabbed a copy of Mumbles and made that pdf with KIPE, KIPE2, KIBC and KIFE. It was upped a couple days ago :p Thanks anyway, good to have original stuff!

Sarevok
January 31st, 2004, 12:27 AM
The Incendiary Weapons's files aren't working too; when they are joined to a single PDF, the file doesn't work.

NightStalker
January 31st, 2004, 03:01 AM
Uh, jack?

NBK is the one who upped "On Killing_raw", which was only a partial scan and missing a lot of stuff anyways (like pictures), as an attachment to a thread here called (I believe) "Training to kill at the arcade", by him.

He's mentioned that he's scanning that book for his DVD, so he might not take too kindly to you using his file and uploading it anywhere, regardless of intent.

Terrible things have been known to happen to people who cross him. Especially if you take credit for his work! :eek:

Unless, of course, you've already asked him if it's OK, but since you didn't already mention doing that...

priapo
February 6th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Skean Dhu
_APPA, , Nitro-Explosives A Practical Treatise - Priapo{ _chap1-2, _chap3a, _chap6, _chap8-9, _chap7, and _preface}, also i had trouble with Chem of Powder and Explosives
Still have it

I have it in a backup, I'll send it to chem so he can put it back in the ftp