View Full Version : Irc Server Back!

PyroNitrate
January 6th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Due to some computer technical problems the newly formed IRC server was down for some time with theys problems fixed the server will be up and running by 11:00 PM tonight. Along with this will be the FTP server which will be open to the public as an insentive to join in on the irc channel you will find the link listed there.

chemwarrior
January 6th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Dude, this is pointless. We already have an IRC server set up and running, and it runs quite beautifully.

We appreciate the effort, but its not needed.

PyroNitrate
January 6th, 2004, 10:13 PM
ok

PyroNitrate
January 6th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I suppose the old channel will resume then, server was just uninstalled..

xyz
January 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
I second everything that chemwarrior has just said. Peter's IRC channel is up and running 24/7 with no reliability issues or anything like that, we just don't need another channel.

If you must do something like this, start a new FTP.

Rhadon
January 6th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Another FTP would indeed be excellent, but it creates much more traffic, of course.

peterthesmart
January 6th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Pyronitrate, what is your upload speed?

PyroNitrate
January 7th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I have a 1MB upload. I will do a ftp server.

xyz
January 7th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Well peter, did you post that before or after the little incident on the channel?

EDIT: From the time, I would guess it was before...

I think that peter, chemwarrior and I may now be thinking the following :

If we were to have another ftp, do we want PyroNitrate running it?

And I'm pretty sure I know what your answers will be.

Rhadon
January 7th, 2004, 01:03 PM
xyz: But we don't have many people willing to run an FTP server, so we cannot afford the luxury to make that dependent from post count. Apart from that, everybody can choose by himself which FTP he's going to use.

PyroNitrate: Your efforts are appreciated, just inform us when you've set it up.

PyroNitrate
January 7th, 2004, 05:55 PM
People have there days Xyz, that was one of my days.

Think not those faithful who praise all thy words and actions;

but those who kindly reprove thy faults.

-- Socrates

Chem warrior had a conversation like such when i was an op, i did not ban him, If you are gonna judge me by one of my days, then fuck you. I have alot to offer to this forum and i don't need three people judgeing what i say when im in one of thoes moods.

Hang-Man
January 7th, 2004, 06:50 PM
It's not his post count that worries XYZ. Trust me.

chemwarrior
January 7th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Look, Rhadon, it has nothing to do with his post count. If you want me to explain it, send me an e-mail. That or come out to the IRC room within a few hours... Ill be here almost non stop till sometime this morning.

chemwarrior
January 7th, 2004, 10:05 PM
I sent you two e-mails Rhadon, both have been undeliverable.

Sorry staff, I wasnt going to post a rant like that. I did most of that in the e-mails I sent Rhadon, but they never got through, and now I come on here and have realized just how much of a punk this kid is.

Edit- And what exactly is it you have to offer? Unwanted attention to the Forum? Or maybe you think that if you give us over to the pigs, that they'll drop your charges... so far I dont see shit that you offer the Forum

------------------------------------

Okay, I've taken notive of that part, but there's no reason for it to be posted publicly any longer so I took it out.

Rhadon

xyz
January 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Rhadon, as you have probably seen, it had nothing to do with his post count, and if what he said on the channel was true, he may be going to jail in about 2 days time.

SpiffyVision
January 8th, 2004, 12:35 AM
What did he say? Sorry if I missed it.

xyz
January 8th, 2004, 05:05 AM
I don't know all the precise details so you'll have to ask peter or chemwarrior for those.

Like I said, I don't know the specifics but basically he is unwanted attention to roguesci and that he would only increase the unwanted attention by killing himself, there will be enough already with him going to court.

----------------
A flame war serves no-one, so we won't add fuel to the flames.

Rhadon

Rhadon
January 8th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Chemwarrior, what was the problem when you tried to email me? Did you send your replies to the address given in the email I sent to you? I never had any problems with my email!

Looks like we'll have to at least temporarily abandon the idea of PyroNitrate running an FTP server until we can clear this up. PyroNitrate, email me.

xyz
January 8th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Rhadon, sorry about that, the image just seemed to applicable to ignore.

Why did you remove the other stuff though? I was only telling spiffyvision what happened. I was there on the channel when he said some of that stuff. I didn't say anything that I wasn't 100% sure was true.

Rhadon
January 8th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I didn't say that I think what you say hasn't actually happened (and I didn't say the counterpart as well), I deleted it because it's not a thing for the public and it would only have lead to a virtual mud-slinging. But the fact that I deleted it doesn't mean that it's also out of my mind.

chemwarrior
January 8th, 2004, 11:23 PM
Rhadon, this is what I get back every time I try to send you an e-mail.

Mail Delivery Error.

Unable to Deliver to the following recipient(s).
<rhadon@*****.net>:
mail.*****.net:550 <chemwarrior136@ziplip.com>: Sender address rejected: Access denied

----Original Message--------
Received: from 10.1.0.22 (EHLO 10.1.0.22 10.1.0.22 [10.1.0.22] (may be forged))
by 10.1.0.22 with ESMTP id L3EIDTAAAFOPOMABDYLVAHNYL3P1OALYNSD4KKNQ
for <rhadon@*****.net>; 08 Jan 2004 15:58:33 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <L3EIDTAAAFOPOMABDYLVAHNYL3P1OALYNSD4KKNQ@ziplip.co m>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:58:33 -0800 (PST)
Reply-To: chemwarrior136@ziplip.com
To: rhadon@*****.net
Subject: Re: My email
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-ZLPwdHint:
X-ZLExpiry: -1
X-ZLReceiptConfirm: N
X-Mailer: ZipLip v4.0

Yes. And to make sure this gets through, this is just a quick test... if you
get this, Ill re-write what I had written earlier.

Chem

-----------------------
Edit: anti spam

Rhadon

Rhadon
January 9th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Strange. Looks like ZipLip doesn't like X-Mail...

chemwarrior
January 9th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Tonight Ill give it a go with my hotmail account... I just dont have a lot of time right this second to re-write the messages... so look for some e-mails in a few hours.

Rhadon
January 9th, 2004, 02:20 PM
If it still doesn't work you can also contact me by sending me a U2U message on ScienceMadness.

tom haggen
January 30th, 2004, 01:19 AM
I have a couple hundred gigs of space laying around. I also have a great software collection and am willing to setup an FTP if anyone thinks I'm worthy enough. I have a comcast as a provider so i'm sure I would be capable of running an FTP.

Hang-Man
February 23rd, 2004, 10:56 PM
Peters IRC chanel used to be well populated, but has gone somewhat dead. Server irc.xnet.org, #theforum. It's a great source of not just E&W but anything computer related. Its also a good place for those of us without FTP access to get some much needed books/files. (Is the FTP down chem?) Use it!

Nihilist
February 25th, 2004, 08:42 PM
For the past few days I have been trying to connect, but it gives me a "network down" message, every time I try. Is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: The reason was that the SSL is screwed up for irc.xnet.org. However if you want to use SSL, you can by connecting to either dagger.ca.us.xnet.org(port 7000) or blargh.fl.us.xnet.org(port 7000).

Hang-Man
April 4th, 2004, 11:12 PM
The IRC channel was an excelent tool and source of info on things that didn't merit their own thread. It also allowed those of us without FPT access to swap files. That is, when people actually showed up. But then Chem had a mental breakdown and Peter left. We dropped below the 'critical mass' of people nessicary to maintain the channels usefullness. Now its (nearly) empty.

I suggest a resurection. This weekend, (the 9th, 10th and 11th).
See if we can't get this thing running again. Anyone welcome!

irc.xnet.org
or dagger.ca.us.xnet.org(port 7000)
or blargh.fl.us.xnet.org(port 7000)

#theForum

If you're an idiot and can't operate IRC email me and I'll walk you though it. :p