View Full Version : safe testing procedures

KAROMESIS
January 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I have searched all forums for specific information reguarding safes and I found none with reguards to testing procedures for safes and what is specifically used in those procedures.so I took it upon myself to look it up on the www:D I found testing procedures for safes and even found the amount of explosive used in grams, specific density ect. I found that the letters in front of a safe describe the safes resistance to certain types of attacks for example a TL-15 safe is tool resistant for 15 minutes the TL standing for tool a TRTL-30 is tool and torch resistant for 30 minutes TX stands for explosive resistant, hence this threads relevance to the forum;) the maximum explosive used on a TXTL-60x6 meaning torch,tool and explosive resistant for 60 minutes on all six sides of the safe(there is only one safe manufacturer in the world that makes this level of safe) the maximum explosive used is 500 g of PETN although most safes during testing don't even use half this amount. there was also another type of testing for explosive resistance and they used 4 oz of nitroglycerin in two seperate charges for a total of 8 oz used.:)