View Full Version : PARTAL detonation

Mr. Boombastic
January 15th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Hi! to you all!
I am a little bit confused!
I did a search on this but didnt find anyting usefull (and my net explorer is exasperating me too wit hall those errors)
In encyclopeadia it was said that: detonation is a reacton that goes from layer to layer (of the HE) So it means that this is a chane reaction.
I understand it this way: detonator egnites one or some layers of the explosive and this layer serves as a det. to the next one, and so on....
My question is : how come you sometimes have PARTIAL detonation. (Is it related to homogenycity (if it ie speld this way) or phisical features .... e. s.

Rhadon
January 15th, 2004, 06:00 PM
If you at leat could try to make your post look halfway decent, now that could make me happy!

You really expect people to spend their time on answering your questions if you don't even take yourself five minutes to type up your post halfway properly?

blindreeper
January 15th, 2004, 09:49 PM
The simple answer is that the detonator does not provide a largen enough shock for the secondary to detonate.

metafractal
January 15th, 2004, 11:21 PM
As I understand it, partial detonation occurs when the shockwave from the detonator does not disassociate enough of the explosive to create a self-sustaining reaction. It has always been something that puzzled me though...

Mr. Boombastic
January 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Rhadon, sorry for that mistake. I am decently asking anybody if they could help me. If you know something-please share your info., if you can`t help-stop showing of and piss off!
Blindreeper-acording to your theory the 2-ondary explosive does not even detonate, but in partial deton. some layers are detonated.
i still think that it has somethink to do with physical features OR the other theory : For some HE (insensetive ones like AN ) it is not enough to activate one layer-the booster has to be so powerfull that it egnites so many layers that they form a notable % of the whole HE and at least half way egnites other layers that will be supported by the egnited ones later. The stronger the the boster the faster detonation-isn`t it?

What do you think about it?

Rhadon
January 16th, 2004, 12:30 PM
If you know something-please share your info., if you can`t help-stop showing of and piss off! Has anyone shown off in this topic? I can see no-one doing so!

In any case, I don't like you to talk out of your ass when addressing other members. Only a few days ago, we had someone who used to do that. His name was keith. Maybe you want to do a search and see what has happened to him?

vulture
January 16th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I have this feeling he'd need an animated gif to find the search button. Spellchecker would be too complicated anyway...:rolleyes:

nbk2000
January 16th, 2004, 05:13 PM
To quote Mr. Boombastic:

I know I won`t end up well, but there is nothing much I can do about it.

How very true. :p

And the dumbfuck couldn't even spell "Partial" correctly, and he's getting pissy as a mod for correcting his shitty english? :mad: