View Full Version : Converting .mov to any other format

blindreeper
January 17th, 2004, 06:40 AM
I have a movie of 1250g of PNNM that a blaster gave to me and a friends name is mentioned in it and I wish to cut it out. There is also 45 seconds of waiting for it to go off and it is 7.5MB. So I wish to edit it and make it smaller ect. I tried WinMPG Video Converter to convert it from a .mov to .avi so I could use virtualdub but the quality dramaticly decreased. I have tried to find other programs but no success. Does anyone know of a way to convert without a loss of quality, I preferably want it in mpg or wmv, either that or a quicktime editor?

Rhadon
January 17th, 2004, 10:09 AM
The decrease in quality is rather because of wrong conversion settings than because of the wrong program IMO. I don't know what kind of AVI codec you used, but I can suggest DIVX. Play around with resolution and bitrate to see how it effects the results. For editing out the name of your friend I would use Adobe Premiere, but there may also be simpler applications which can do the job.

blindreeper
January 17th, 2004, 10:12 AM
It is all good now, Vulture helped me with adobe, I got it down to a 1.27MB wmv file which I am uploading now to post it in the old PNNM detonation test thread.