View Full Version : The copy of Call Of Duty that's on the FTP

xyz
January 28th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Whoever uploaded this, can you please post the password for it (it's in a passworded self extracting archive). Megalomania has posted about this in the FTP thread but it has gone unanswered.

I don't want to have to spend more time cracking the pasword (could take days if it is a long one) when I have already spent ages downloading this 1.3Gb file on dialup. So if anybody knows the password, please post it.

EDIT: Turns out it's PGP, that means I won't be cracking it, please post the pass whoever uploaded it.

ossassin
January 28th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I've applied for FTP access twice (the first time was several months ago), and I haven't gotten any response. Is he not giving out new FTP accounts? Is he just busy or on a trip?

Skean Dhu
January 28th, 2004, 10:19 AM
If you bothered to read the response to your question in the Forum FTP thread you would have seen that Chem responded to you with rejection E-mails, and even if you didn't get them he still posted it in the thread(pg2 last few posts).
I don't know what he's up to with granting accounts and all but, Chemwarrior has been in a rather pissy mood lately so that may have something to do with it.
sorry for being off topic xyz just wanted to clear it up

ossassin
January 28th, 2004, 10:39 AM
It was my fault for getting us off topic. Thanks for telling me about the rejection; I hadn't read that post in a while. I just don't get it...

Flake2m
January 28th, 2004, 12:34 PM
What is the password?
PGP is a total bitch to brute force, which is why we recommends it as a way of denying evidence to the the bacon.
Someone uploaded the 1.3gb file and that person musta encrypted it. Maybe Chemmwarrior knows whos uploaded it?

xyz
January 28th, 2004, 08:01 PM
I just found out it was uploaded by peterthesmart (I UTFSE) and I have been trying to contact him.

peterthesmart
January 28th, 2004, 08:06 PM
All SDA archives are encrypted to the password apples. Anything else encrypted is to Chemwarrior's key, and cannot be decrypted by anyone but him.

xyz
January 28th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks for that, next time please include the word apples in the filename or upload a .txt to the same directory.

TheHitMan
January 31st, 2004, 11:45 AM
Seeming as though this is a post about games - I remember reading Megalomania posting a topic about C&C Red Alert and was wondering Mega if you wanted any other Command & Conquer titles, I have a few and also just acquired Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (which is 7.6gig!).

Mega, (Or anyone else for that matter) let me know if you need any of the other titles. They are ISO's of the original game as I buy all my games. (Or download the ISO's of the original game).

megalomania
February 1st, 2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the offer HitMan, I may take you up on that. I tried to download Metal Gear 2 off overnet a few weeks ago but there was no complete copy. Metal Gear was my favorte game on Nintendo :) I tried to play it recently on an emulater, but using a keyboard sucks. I am sure the 21st century PC version is much better :)

I would like Max Payne 2 if you have it, that's another I could only get a part of.

I have all the C&C titles I want for now, I just downloaded Generals, but I have not installed it yet. I am still playing Half-Life, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and GTA 3. Man I love my new PC.

I downloaded GTA Vice-City, Homeworld 2, Medal of Honor Allied Assult Breakthrough, and Counterstrike - Breakthrough. Plus with my new Audigy2 soundcard I bought this weekend I have Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness and Rainbow Six 3 Ravenshield.

The only game I want now ( since I have planty to keep me occupied for many months) is URU nd Half-Life 2 whenever it comes out. I was disappointed my new graphics card did not include a free copy of Half-Life 2 (well a download coupon since it is not out yet). Oh yeah, I also want the new game TrueCrime - Streets of LA.

TheHitMan
February 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM
I have the beta version of Half Life 2, if you'd be interested in that? I am also as we speak making ISO's of Enter The Matrix. Which is 4cd's large.

I also have TrueCrime Streets of LA. It's pretty good but needs a beefy GFX card to play it.

Also with Metal Gear Solid, ATI/Radeon cards are not supported only GeForce cards are supported. (How lame of the game designers to favor one GFX card!) However you can get a patch that will patch ATI cards to play, but only the 8500 range and above. Anything below the 8500 range won't play with or without the patch.

Flake2m
February 2nd, 2004, 08:49 AM
dont even bother with the Beta of HL2. You'd be insulting Valve if you uploaded it.
Do upload true crime though.

TheHitMan
February 2nd, 2004, 04:00 PM
I won't be uploading these games on my connection! We'd be talking months!

And who cares about insulting Valve? Half the 'net gives them the virtual-finger downloading ripped games anyhow.

Just received Max Payne 2 - The Fall Of Max Payne. :)

megalomania
February 6th, 2004, 09:04 PM
The game on the FTP is corrupt. I finished downloading it, and I unencrypted it, and I assembled the split rar files back into its bin and cue files, but the second disk failed to fully unpack. There should be something like 30 rar files that make up the second disk, but there were only 20.

I therefore seek an alternate source :( I went to suprnova.org to find a copy but they don't have the game. Man I love bittorrent now; I have been using it for the past week. I am downloading Max Payne 2 and Allied Assult.

I also downloaded Ah My Goddess, but it is in damn Japanese with no subtitles :(

xyz
February 7th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Ah, Mega, I had exactly the same problem when I downloaded Call Of Duty, so I got peter to upload the missing files. They are in an SDA called "Callofdutycorrupt" and it's in the "Other" folder IIRC. The pass is apples like it was in the other one.

I have now finished the game and consider it definitely worth playing, the single player campaigns are a little short but other than that it is an excellent game. The US campaign is mostly copied straight from "Band Of Brothers" and the Russian campaign is mostly from "Enemy at the Gates".