View Full Version : Extracting Red Phosphorus

dogbone103
February 16th, 2004, 07:46 AM
I have found on a drug web site that match pads are made of about 50% red phosphorus, along with about 30% antimony sulfide, and lesser amounts of glue, iron oxide, MnO2, and glass powder and when testing with some liquids, I found that 60% of my match pads dissolved in HCL acid, I looked at many sites and found that antimony sulfide wont dissolve in the HCl acid. My theory is it is the red phosphorus that is dissolving in the acid. So if I was to scrape off the match pad stuff and place it in the HCl then filter out the other shit floating around how would I be able to get the red phosphorus back out of the HCl?

Thanks for your help.

Zeitgeist
February 16th, 2004, 08:10 AM
http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/rpbible.html

So assuming you aren't using it for the obvious purpose, what is it for? Armstrong's ?

I'd go and jump on some AP before making that, from what i've heard

dogbone103
February 16th, 2004, 08:29 AM
What do you mean? Is this stuff dangerous? Im not makeing meth or anything just want to make a bit of impact senctive explocives. What have you herd about it?

Flake2m
February 16th, 2004, 08:38 AM
For crying out loud....
Yet another n00b that doesn't have a clue. I have already told you to
DO A FUCKING SEARCH.
and BTW: making impact sensitive explosives aren't a good idea unless you like the idea of losing a hand or two.

a_bab
February 16th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Getting the phosphorus out of phosphorus chloride is as simple as from phosphorus carbonate (furnance temperatures when working with one of the most flammable chems around). This question shows that your chemistry knowledges are far from being enough for starting playing with things which go boom. So for your (and possible others) sake, take some more chemistry lessons.

dogbone103
February 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Original post by flake2m.
__________________________________________________ _______________
For crying out loud....
Yet another n00b that doesn't have a clue. I have already told you to
DO A FUCKING SEARCH.
__________________________________________________ _______________
I did a fucking search. :mad:

Thanks for the help I didn’t know what I was dealing with until you told me, but I always ask before making the explosive to make sure I don’t loose a hand.
What explosive mixtures do you recommend for a n00b such as myself?

zaibatsu
February 16th, 2004, 05:19 PM
What explosive mixtures do you recommend for a n00b such as myself?

None.

Thread closed.