View Full Version : Iron Titanium Oxide

Chemiboy
February 23rd, 2004, 04:35 AM
Hello all Members and staff of the froum. :)

I have recently found something called Iron Titanium Oxide in my school lab and is stored in a big glass jar.
i have taken some samples home and i wonder what i could do with it.

colour description: black powder with a small amount of dark blue.

If anyone in this forum knows anything that you can make out of this substance please reply.

zeocrash
February 23rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
on the same note, i've noticed some rather unusual chemicals on ebay
antimony powder
indium tubing
adams catylist
wood's metal
anyone know any uses for these

vulture
February 23rd, 2004, 01:32 PM
I suspect you're referring to FeTiO3, Irontitanate, a material with a high dielectric constant that can be used for capacitors.

Antimony powder could be used to make antimony trisulfide or used as is in pyrotechnics. Woods metal is ideal for hot baths, it melts at 70C and is a very good heat conductor.

Indium is a noble metal like platinum and can be used for chlorate/perchlorate electrodes.

tom haggen
February 25th, 2004, 01:41 AM
I was going to say I have never herd of a metal called iron titanium oxide. Even if you did find such a powder it would be a mixture of Fe and TiO2, not one molecule as you made it sound. However if you could create a thermite with that kind of mixture it would burn at extremely hot temperatures. Titanium burns insanely hot.

Chemiboy
February 25th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Tom haggen
The Iron is not mixed whith Titanium Oxide. I have been thinking that it was a mixture from the beginning but a test with a magnet gave me the truth. ;)