View Full Version : 2 questions in one post

jackhammer
February 25th, 2004, 12:14 AM
The first question is if anyone has any military manuals in .pdf format, specifically relating to explosives or weapons (for example TM 9-1910 military explosives or TM 31-201-1 unconventional warfare devices and techniques)?
The second question is if one (namely me) who has few posts and little contribution chemisty-wise to the forum, but has already uploaded several books and has many more to upload could get access to the forum ftp?

festergrump
March 8th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Jackhammer:-

From what I have read and learned here you must post a minimum of 10 times to be considered worthy to access the FTP files. Mind you, there is no way around this, and the content of posts is so very integral to your admittance...

Were I to be responsible for such an awesome tool, I, too, would be careful who and who not to grant access. (I have no access, either.)

From one newbie to another, I think it'd be a great idea to present some worthy thought and not the promise of some good reading that will grant you access. I'd try focusing on a solution(s) to a problem and not a link to good material.

I recommend e-mailing a moderator and letting them know your intentions and see what they say. Or post it in the Water Cooler and it will be moved to where it may be relevant to the entire site.

Or, take what I say, forget it, and keep knocking on the door of the FTP, hoping they'll open up. (Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong quote:- "It's me, Dave... I got the stuff...) :)

Good luck to you... I find enough to occupy my brain capacity right here with the Forum's content.... :p

nbk2000
March 8th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Well, AFAIK, the FTP is down for the duration. Apparently chem is sick, in one form or another, and thus not running it anymore.

However, an alternate is being arranged.

And the same rules will apply to that one too. IE: n00b scum need not apply.